Wanted Guitar built by forum member

TheZ

Tele-Meister
I've been a member of TDPRI for somehow almost 13 years! I have gotten endless enjoyment reading people's build threads in the Tele Home Depot forum and of course watching all the legendary challenge builds. You all have had a huge impact on my musical journey! I've still never done a scratch build but will someday, although I've been saying that just about as long as I've been here...

Anyway, why I'm posting: I'm in the market for another guitar as currently I'm down to two working electrics, a nice Stratocaster and a G&L ASAT. I'm looking for... basically anything else that would add something new to my tonal palette. Telecaster, Gibson style, custom stuff, but I'd love to see if there are any members who have built something they're looking to sell. A huge plus would be something that has a build thread. And the holy grail would be something built for one of the build challenges, if ever someone could part with an accomplishment like that. Let me know what you've got and thanks for making this such a great place to learn and enjoy guitars.

TheZ

Tele-Meister
Bump, thanks for all the nice messages! I think I will narrow this to just guitars that have been built on the forum, knowing there are likely far fewer of those.

GLosch

TDPRI Member
Hi! I recently finished a semi-hollow T-style. I didn't chronicle the build on any forums but I certainly could. I took photos all through the process. If you're interested, I could send more photos. Specs are as follows:
Body: chambered ash with walnut top
Neck: one piece hard maple, carved asymmetrical/thick
Fretboard: 25.5" scale Macassar ebony with grey mother of pearl position markers and purpleheart/flamed maple veneers separating it from the neck
Tuners: Hipshot staggered 6-in-line locking tuners
Nut: GraphTech Tusq XL 1 11/16" wide
Pickups: Mojo Teisco style Gold Foils
Electronics: Vintage Inspired Pickups 250k master volume/master tone pots, 3-way Switchcraft toggle, Emerson 0.022uf bumblebee style capacitor
Hardware: Mastery bridge and tailpiece in brushed nickel
Finish: Osmo satin

Attachments

• 998D903B-180C-4E36-95D4-02112724E120.jpeg
    998D903B-180C-4E36-95D4-02112724E120.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 3473EB58-9FB7-4999-8103-E1661BC6805A.jpeg
    3473EB58-9FB7-4999-8103-E1661BC6805A.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 38

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Man I don't have any that I'm willing to give up right now, but good luck in your search! I'll give you a bump ;)

skydog6653

Tele-Meister

wdbrott

TDPRI Member

TheZ

Tele-Meister
I have a Wormy Chestnut tele deluxe with Lollar Regals that was a custom build from a forum member I'd be willing to part with. The original neck has been replaced (the original unfortunately warped). The build thread is here: https://www.tdpri.com/threads/tiski...uild-chestnut-posting-on-a-forum-wire.417260/. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot you some current pictures with the new neck.
I remember that one, too bad about the neck! But sure I'd love to see how it's doing now.

wdbrott

TDPRI Member
Sorry, I didn't see your response for some reason until today. I will try to remember to post some pics for you when I get home.