Guitar-b-que time again?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dougk, Jan 12, 2010.

1. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's

Many thanks to Doug K and others for a very fine time. Met some nice folks, checked out cool amps (Greer, Allen, and combo-ized Bandmaster and Bassman) and guitars, played some music - on bass on my '62 P, ate a hamburger and some terrific rice salad, and enjoyed a fine day. Did not see any doughnut burgers, however.

Doug K and his family were gracious hosts and to a tool challenged civilian like me the woodworking shop is fascinating - got to see a CNC in all its glory cut and route a body.

Doug also builds guitars - check out his website. www.kauerguitars.com

Looking forward to the next one. SS.

2. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Thank you so much for coming!! Man that P-Bass was GORGEOUS!! All of us were talking about that bass last night :D

I posted a bunch of pictures on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/kauerguitars#!/album.php?aid=10910&id=112433198791469&ref=mf

The bass in action!
    [​IMG]

It was another great BBQ, the weather was just about impossible to beat, excellent food, beer and great company! Plus it gave me a much needed reason to really clean the shop out finally :lol:

3. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Ah yes, what better way to spend a Saturday. Everything was great. Nice job Doug. I enjoyed meeting everyone too. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Jay

4. electricbody

electricbody Tele-Afflicted

Man, I'm sorry I missed this year's BBQ. Well, there's always next year.

5. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

It was a great time - good people, good food, good music, lots of cool gear.

That's me playing my red Strat in the photo above, through my Traynor YCV50 Blue with extension cab (behind the bass player).

6. jc93230

jc93230 Tele-Holic

Well Doug I do hope you do this again, as I did not see your post bump to the top till the day before the event. With some lead time I would have come up from the Fresno/Visalia Area for sure.

Only one body? Would have been at least one more if I knew!

If you have a email list let me know, I have also Bookmarked your site for the next time I visit family in the Sac/Rocklin areas.

7. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Jay we're so glad you came!! I actually think TDPRI members had a stronger turn out than RR LOL

Absolutely! Probably around the same time next year (April is just such a nice month lol)

The Traynor and your playing sounded great!! Bring it again!

Honestly this is my fault, I should have been more pro-active bumping the thread! I promise I'll have more info up at least on my site with plenty of advance for next year. It was sad to not run any tele's this year... even had a jag master file worked up in my back pocket for this years :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.