Guitar-b-que time again?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dougk, Jan 12, 2010.

1. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Good morning bump to all my fellow west coasters.

2. mrmorrison

mrmorrison Tele-Afflicted

???

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  3. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Pretty much! We only use the finest tonewoods in our bbq's for mojolicious burgers :D

4. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Bump. I want to make sure this is still worth doing this year, if not a few of us have gig offers for that night elsewhere. We REALLY want to do this again, last year was an absolute blast.

So two things:
    1. If your planning on purchasing a body, remember the cut off is March 31st. If no one buys any bodies there isn't a big point in doing this.
    2. If your not buying a body but coming anyways, PLEASE email me at dkauer AT gmail DOT com or post in this thread.

There are some debates about the jam night. Because Steve, Danny and Dave (Guitar, Drums, Guitar/Bass) all have gigs that night possibly, we've thought about just having a jam right at the shop in the parking lot. The problem is, because we're not the only business in our complex, I'm going to have to go around and ask to see if this is ok. If we're still going to have enough people for the jam as planned that night, Steve, Danny and Dave can cancel their other gigs (since they committed to this first :cough cough:) and we can do it.

What I just generally need is enough response to know we're going to do this!

-d

5. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Well, there's been a change in plans:

We're going to have an EZ-UP and all the equipment to just jam at the shop during the day, during the BBQ. We will NOT be doing the jam night at Vega's this year. To many of us have conflicting gig's that night and this free's all us up plus you Bay Area people wont have to spend the night.

This will be great too because not only will we have the amp room going but your welcome to let other people try out the amps in a live environment.

6. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

Very cool. I have a vibrosonic reverb, a TRRI, and PV classic 30. I am more than happy to bring those if anyone wants to try them.

7. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

Hey, dougK!

I'm still planning on coming to this. Are you going to have a PA for vocals, etc. for the jam? Should we bring vocal mics, stands and cords? Also, besides my guitar(s) and amp, just in case anyone would want to play some country, I was going to bring a fiddle with pickup and pre-amp/DI that goes into the board with an XLR mic cable.

I know you had a cutoff of 3/31/10 for guitar bodies, and I wasn't planning on getting one. But then I saw another thread about building a baritone, and folks mentioned that Warmoth and others sell bari conversion necks that bolt onto a Tele body. It got me thinking that a bari would be cool. So have you pre-sold all 25 bodies, or can I still get an order in? Would we have to do anything different if it's going to be for a bari?

Really looking forward to meeting some TDPRI brethren!

8. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

I'll have a full drum set, PA and bass amp. We're all set there!! Thank you though!!

Well, we had a whopping ONE pre-pay by the cut off so I wasn't planning on getting any material (I'm not stocking alder/ash right now and the mahogany I have is for Kauer Guitars stock). Well Kenny Blue Ray and a couple other locals badgered me into getting some Alder so I'll probably have enough on hand for 2-3 bodies (that aren't sold already). So I guess long story short, get there early and grab up what you can! The CNC is going to be QUIET that day LOL

-btw if your using a conversion neck a normal routed tele is all you need. Piece of cake

9. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Thursday morning bump- its next weekend!

10. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

This weekend! Hope to meet some new TDPRI members!

11. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I originally posted saying that I was going to be out of town. My trip has been cancelled. I'll be there and will bring a few vintage amps as well as food for the bbq. I'd also like to take a Tele body off your hands and will bring cash.
    I'm lookin' forward to it.

12. Califiddler

I'm planning on being there, and may have company. Anyone along the 680 corridor want to carpool?

13. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Awesome guys!!

I don't have any blanks available... well I'll have 1 that might just barely squeak a tele body out. We only had 2 prepays this year so I couldn't really stock the shop up. Still going to be a very fun day!!

14. cactusrob

cactusrob Friend of Leo's

Sounds like a good time ...

(HEY! This post just made me a Tele-Holic woo-hoo!) :D

15. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's

I'll be there w/ tweed tremolux. SS.

16. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

AWESOME

17. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

TOMORROW!!!

Should be just perfect weather, been hauling in amps and guitars for the last 3 days LOL

18. Califiddler

I just checked the original post for the time - is this thing really starting at 8:30 a.m.? For some reason I thought that it started at noon. I don't see getting there any earlier than 11-12 - is that too late?

19. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

Nope. I can't edit the original post but basically last year I ran 25 bodies and was assuming I would this year... hence the early starting time.

But since this year I'm running all ONE of them there's really no reason to be there before 10-11am.

20. dougk

dougk Tele-Holic

See you all in a few hours!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.