1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Gruhn Guitars Stuart Buck Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by mefgames, Oct 11, 2016.

1. mefgames

mefgames Friend of Leo's Double Platinum Supporter

Saw this beauty at Gruhn Guitars yesterday, made by Stuart Buck. Best looking flake Tele I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

texastengu and Crobbins like this.
  2. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

That's a nice one.

3. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I'm not much for the sparkle on the headstock. But, then again, I saw Buck and Don play their original sparkle guitars back in the 60's.

4. mefgames

mefgames Friend of Leo's Double Platinum Supporter

Back home from the trip, thought I'd post some of the other Gruhn pics. The Rickenbacker 345 was a nice surprise. I hadn't seen one before. There was a guy there trying to sell his 56 Tele with a 58 neck including OHSC. They offered him $ 7500, but I didn't stick around to see if he took it. IMG_3786.jpg IMG_3783.jpg IMG_3784.jpg IMG_3789.jpg IMG_3785.jpg

5. horseman308

horseman308 Tele-Holic

Love that place.

6. aclawrence

aclawrence TDPRI Member

I was in there right around the time when you were. I can't remember if it was before or after the date you posted here. I didn't see the gold sparkle Tele. I actually didn't see hardly any Tele's. I joked without checkout guy and asked him where they were hiding all of them. Apparently they are quick sellers. They did have a Waylon Jennings Tele but I wasn't too interested In It. We also stopped by Carter Vintage and they did have some pretty sweet vintage Tele's in the vintage room. [​IMG] I think this was a early 50's Nocaster with double binding.

7. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Gruhn Guitar's is a dangerous place. That one wall with the Martins at the back and then the Martins go around the corner to the right from there. I'm Gassing for an OM-18 or 28.

8. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Someone should start a "sparkle-head club" thread...

9. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Uh.....huh? Maybe I'm wrong (it happens) but I don't think there were any Nocasters with double binding, sunburst finish, rosewood fretboards, top hat switch, flat top knobs, phillips screws, tri-ply white/mint pickguard, etc.

Other than the saddles, that looks like a typical early 60s Esquire Custom to me.

10. aclawrence

aclawrence TDPRI Member

Lol. Well I'm going from memory and my telecaster knowledge limited. I'm probably wrong or maybe it's the rarest of all telecasters. Let me see if I took a pic of the tag. I was mainly just taking a pic of the burst because I liked the way it looked.

11. aclawrence

aclawrence TDPRI Member

Here you go. I think this was the tag for that guitar. [​IMG]
    Due to the price tag I wasn't comfortable picking this one up and playing it but I sure would have liked to.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.