Grote 335s on Amazon

alpinewhite

Tele-Meister
I know a number of folks here have bought and liked the Firefly 335 and Grote 335 guitars. I had looked at the Grote versions last week, and I got an email from Amazon today that the satin red and satin green humbucker versions are on sale for $151.20 for prime members. I had some Amazon credit, so the green one is on its way to me. Thought I'd share in case anyone else had been looking at them.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I know a number of folks here have bought and liked the Firefly 335 and Grote 335 guitars. I had looked at the Grote versions last week, and I got an email from Amazon today that the satin red and satin green humbucker versions are on sale for $151.20 for prime members. I had some Amazon credit, so the green one is on its way to me. Thought I'd share in case anyone else had been looking at them.
I took my new Angel Lopez solid body nylon-string to my guitar tech last week for a set-up. Hadn't seen him in a while, and sometimes I think he's permanently out of it from what he smoked in the sixties. Anyway, he's all excited and wants to show me an awesome guitar he got a couple years ago. He pulls out an Epiphone case and opens it to a beautiful Grote sunburst 335-style. I laughed, and said, "Mark....I SOLD that to you two years ago!"......He said, "OK!....so you're the one."
I had bought the sunburst, when I really wanted the cherry-red. (they were out) Mark loved the sunburst, but by then Amazon was out of stock again. I told him if I could get the red one soon, I'd sell him the sunburst. Sure enough, about two weeks later, the red was available, and I ordered it. Mark then bought the sunburst from me, and (I guess) immediately forgot me.
He's a great tech, though......and his prices are also still reminiscent of the sixties. :)
upload_2021-11-27_12-39-47.jpeg

upload_2021-11-27_12-40-7.jpeg