gretsch supra-sonic

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Charlie Bernstein, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

has anyone played or know anything about the gretsch spectra-sonic? heard steve earle's guitarist playing one - sounded great and looked real guitar-y. but my local gretsch dealer says they run about $2,700 - ouch! never payed four digits for wood and wire before.

worth it? not? tell all!

2. astro

astro Tele-Holic

Very Fancy TV Jones designed Gretsch. I am sure the retail on them is less than 2,700. Its a chambered body with fancy woods. They got a baritone model also.

TV Jones seems to be someone that is almost revered as a god in the Gretsch world. I am not saying he doesn't deserve it by any means. I just don't get it. I would much rather have a 6119 special or a 6120 of almost any variety. I just think the Spectra sonics are kinda ugly.

I have seen a Seyzer video with him playing one also. The one thing you can be certain of with TV Jones anything is that the pickups will be great. He also seems to be a very nice guy too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.