Gretsch goodness; I've finally discovered it...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by DHart, Aug 31, 2019.

1. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange TDPRI Member

DHart, if you love clean, those Hilo’trons are tough to beat.

I also think TV Jones winds them just a tad hotter than traditional, so he also addresses the often-heard complaint about them being “underpowered.”

I’ve only used his, though, so I won’t pretend to be able to speak to Gretsch’s take on modern Hilos.

I can’t say I’m sure you’ll love them, but I do hope you enjoy them as much as I have and are rewarded as well for taking a chance on something off the beaten pickup path.

2. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Haha! 50Shades. I think those who know me here would say that I do indeed like to veer off the beaten path! Recently I put together a Strat with all three pickups being Tele Bridge pickups. Came out quite well. I do like break out of the mould (once I've gotten to know the mould pretty well.)

I'm sure I will enjoy the TV-HTs, either in the ES-339, a Tele HH, or perhaps replace the buckers in my D'Angelico EX-SS. They will find a good home somewhere here. :lol:

Who knows... perhaps the TV-HTs will wind up in my Tennessee Rose? :eek: That might just be the perfect guitar for them to land in.

3. Woollymonster

Woollymonster Tele-Meister

I discovered it too. Can't see myself ever parting with this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BorderRadio, MrClint, DHart and 2 others like this.
  4. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Congrats on getting Gretsches! Like I said in the previous thread, if ever I become tele-less, its because I have a Gretsch.. Perfect combination of Twang-Hollow tone..

My dream guitar is the White Falcon, and I think if I sold my AVRI62 and a few more guitars, I can buy one, but Im not ready to part and go all Gretsch for now.. LOL

My previous Gretsch is a G5420T.. I loved everything about it, and I never buy sight unseen, being in asia, I had to buy from Sweetwater, have my friend ship it, and I waited three months for it.. Here's my previous thread on it!

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-a-good-3-month-wait.522625/

I wish I can buy one again in a heartbeat, I have my tax return coming and Im seriously tempted, but not until I sell of one guitar.. 1 in = 1 out rule by the wifey!

DHart and Deathray like this.
  5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Oh dear. This is stirring up serious GAS. I searched for over a year for a right-priced Stephen Stern built Jet. Ideally with gold trim and burgundy sparkle finish. I should have just ponied up the cash and ordered one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.