1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Gretsch 6119 Broadkaster strings ??? (Medium scale / Beatle bass)

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Little Ricky, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Little Ricky

Little Ricky Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

The Gretsch Broadkaster is a short scale bass (30") but due to the floating bridge and trapeze tailpiece, it actually takes medium scale strings, so I ordered some LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass "Beatle/Hofner" scale.

However, the tailpiece block is slanted so the low E on this set is actually 1/4' too short! Grrr!

I've searched all over the internet but can't find a definitive answer for what strings fit on this bass.

(Looking for flatwound strings only. I think the original round wounds are Pyramid brand).

Anyone have one of these basses and advice on what flatwound sets fit on it?

Thanks.

2. SoundsGood

SoundsGood TDPRI Member

juststrings sell single la bellas.drop them an email

3. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Pyramid golds. Pricey, but last forever. They have THAT sound.

4. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

If you're looking for LaBellas, you should be able to use the LaBella 33 set made for bassstringsonline. I bought these for my 30" scale Fender Rascal b/c it has the Guild bridge with the long distance between the saddles and the ball end anchor point, plus it has the extra long Coronado headstock. Contact Jason (the owner) to be sure. He orders these with extra-long tails (past the winding length).

The LaBella Beatle Bass set is made with short tails specifically for Höfners and Höfner copies.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.