Gregg Allman would have been 74 years old today.

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
Today would have been Gregg Allman's 74th birthday. Imho, he was the best blues rock singer and a great Hammond B3 player. A fine musician. He and the Allman Brothers Band along with Fats Domino were my first musical daddies. God rest Gregg Allman's soul. Peace.
Allman Brothers_f22_9.5x12.5.jpg

Back where it all begins.
20211208_154444.jpg

Attachments

• images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

RedHills

Tele-Meister
Oh man! Allman Bros at the Oar House..Anna Maria Fl late 70's I think. Him and Betts lived on the North side of the Manatee River (not Bradenton) during the 80's...about 1/4 mile from my girlfriend's (wife of 42 yrs :) ) and they would crank it!

Aint no sleeping where he's at ;) Wherever that is.

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
Oh man! Allman Bros at the Oar House..Anna Maria Fl late 70's I think. Him and Betts lived on the North side of the Manatee River (not Bradenton) during the 80's...about 1/4 mile from my girlfriend's (wife of 42 yrs :) ) and they would crank it!
Sounds like good times to me.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Chronologically.

that does not apply to someone like Greg Allman.

The dude was 127 years old when he died.

Biologically.

So when there is an early, tragic death of somebody like Tom Petty, who died at “66 years of age” ask yourself - “Was he an insurance agent, who was an Elks club member, and helped out at church all his life? “

Nah - They were touring/gigging/drinking/drugging/smoking/go go go go go go go lifestyle rock musicians/rock stars.

“Years” don’t mean anything.

And yes, Greg Allman was one of the greatest vocalists ever.