Greg Lake plays a Martin D35

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Afflicted
While he was more well known for playing a Fender Jazz Bass and a Gibson Ripper Bass, as well as various Gibson J200 and Zemaitis acoustic guitars, Greg Lake was also known for playing a Martin D35.

MAR_D35.jpg

A-259120-1486178855-9237.jpg

It looks to have been fitted with electronics, like an electronic tuner and a Fishman pickup. I believe Greg had owned this guitar since the early 70s. I wouldn't be able to tell you what tracks Greg used it on, but I do know he used a Gibson J200 on tracks like Take A Pebble, Lucky Man and From The Beginning, while his later tracks, such as I Believe In Father Christmas and Still you Turn Me On were cut using a Zemaitis 12 string acoustic guitar. I believe Greg started using the D35 when ELP reformed in the Nineties. I do know that when Emerson Lake and Powell was released in 1986, Greg was using Taylor, Takamine and Ovation acoustics.

This D35 was still in Greg Lake's possession at the time of his death in 2016, and it was auctioned off along with other ELP memorabilia in 2017.

I do want to post one of my favorite Greg Lake songs along with Ian Anderson accompanying him on flute. Cool, right?

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
There’s no D35 here, the look-alike is a Takamine, and the video guitar is a D45.
Honest mistake though, the Tak and the D45 both have bound necks, as does a D35.
I don't even see a bound neck on the Tak in the middle - at least around the 9th fret. But I do not doubt he had a D-35 in his stable at some point.