1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Greetings from the Flyover!

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Wamba, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Wamba

Wamba TDPRI Member

Hi guys, Wamba here.

So, I've always been a Strat guy, even from way back in the day. But here's what's changed. After my father retired I convinced him to buy an acoustic and learn to play. He had always played some easy three chord country stuff. Well, he goes out and buys a brand new Taylor 414!

He has spent the last 12 years traveling the country with my mom playing 250 to 300 gigs a year. He'll sing anywhere, camp grounds, senior centers, open mikes... you name it. It's still mostly older country, think Bakersfield and Outlaw kinda stuff.

About a year ago my folks came off the road and my father and I and a couple of my older sons (1 on bass the other on guitar) and my oldest daughter (piano) have been playing together almost every week. Nothing serious just learning his songs and having a great time.

That's why I'm here. I need a Tele. My father isn't getting any younger (73 with some health issues) and nothing makes him happier than playing with me and my kids. I know I could just slap a Twang Banger in my Strat and call it good. But it's kinda like playing Bluegrass with a Gibson flattop.

I'm pretty well studied on the Strat, I have a good idea how to how to set it up and get the different sounds I hear in my head. But the Tele is a complete stranger to me, I don't ever recall even playing one plugged in. So, I'm here to learn.

2. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the TDPRI, Wamba!

Very nice introduction! That's a heartwarming store you're telling us. First how your Dad and Mum travelled the country singing and playing, and now how you all play together.

One of the bigger advantages of the Telecaster is it's versatility. It does it all.

Enjoy!

3. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Welcome aboard.

4. Wamba

Wamba TDPRI Member

Are there any, YOU MUST READ THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW, threads?

5. Fernandomania

Fernandomania Tele-Afflicted

Welcome aboard. It should take long for your Tele training wheels to come off.

6. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum !!

7. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Not really. Just the whole site.
    Go to the nearest Big store and play Teles. I'm sure you figure it out real quick.

Oh - and welcome to the best musician site there is!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.