Greetings from the 'burbs of Glammis

Georrge

TDPRI Member
Finally got around to posting an intro after years of lurking. I've learned a lot from this forum. Thanks, and I look forward to contributing.
I live in rural SW Ontario. Nearest town is Glammis. Started out on a Kent electric bass in 1969
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7187.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_71a8.jpg
when I was 12. Upgraded to the P bass, bought new in Dec 1973. Got into acoustic guitar after finishing high school and kept the bass under the bed for a few decades. Acoustic guitar pics yet to com. Picked up the 1988 SG in 1990, the 2009 Am Std Tele in 2012, the 2017 Am Professional Strat in 2019.
I thought I was done collecting until I tried out the Altered Reality Fender XII in 2020 and had to have it. I was and remain hooked on 12 string guitar, most of the time. Got a Martin J12-15 last fall and enjoy both acoustic and electric 12 string playing along with 6 string and bass and singing and some harp. I mostly play at home or at jams and friend's gatherings. I retired almost 3 years ago from an engineering job at the local nuclear power plant. I have yet to do any significant mods on any of my guitars since getting them though the Tele came to me with a Seymour Duncan mini humhucker in the bridge and the Strat with a Lace Sensor rainbow pack.

Georrge

TDPRI Member
Howdy, from Kitchener. I'm jealous of your Altered Reality XII. 💚
Well worth getting if you can find one. I find it to be very playable and holds it's tuning well. The 9.5" radius feels better to my hands than the 7.25" on the original 60's model. The headstock gets in the way when changing the hi G string but otherwise it has kind of grown on me.

Georrge

TDPRI Member
Welcome! Is that the same bass you've got pictured there? If so, it's super clean for a '73!
Yes, it's the same bass. Still plays great and has a relatively light weight alder body. I have the original pick-up and bridge cover pieces stashed away somewhere. The input jack and volume pot were replaced years ago. It is otherwise rather clean but for my 16 yr old self engraving his social insurance number on the back name plate shortly after the purchase as part of an Operation Identification initiative in my community. Been feeling sheepish about that for a long time and I think it's time I bought a new 70's Fender back name plate and got the old serial # engraved into it.