1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Greetings from sunny South Florida

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Requiem4agreen, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Requiem4agreen

Requiem4agreen TDPRI Member

Greetings to all you Fender aficionados, I've lurked for a long time, admiring a lot of beautiful guitars and soaking up as much information as possible along the way. My humble little story begins in a small hole in the wall music store in Miami. It was the summer of 1995 and I had been saving every penny along the way, dreaming of my very own Fender Stratocaster, up until that time I was cutting my teeth on a Peavey Predator. I still remember vividly when my parents told me they were proud of my determination to own a better guitar and as a birthday gift they were putting up the rest of the money so I could get my guitar out of lay-away. I still have her, a 1995 American Standard Sunbursted Strat. From that moment on I was hooked, long nights writing, day long jams, gigs upon gigs, even played on a yacht with her in a boat parade. Along the way I've picked up a few more Strats, a couple of offsets and even a Ibanez RG or two, but nowadays I'm more of a bedroom player but I still find time several times a week to pick up an axe and jam a bit. So, this brings us up to date, yesterday I became the proud owner of my first Telecaster, starting out small for now but I plan on stepping up in the future.:D

Here are some quick pics I took this morning, to be honest with you guys all these years playing Strats I never gave Teles a chance. I feel so foolish for not picking one up sooner but I guess better late than never. A nice big ding on the upper bout but that doesn't really matter to me, also, the previous owner installed a dual rails type of pickup, sounds alright but we'll see.

Attached Files:

2. Requiem4agreen

Here are some more of my lovelies. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Attached Files:

3. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome Requiem!
    I hope that you do not live in the areas that are always getting hit with hurricanes.
    But now that I think about it, there aren't too many places in Florida that DON'T get
    hit by hurricanes.
    Anyway, good to have you here.
    Nice Guitars. Is that a Squier Strat neck on the tele body?

Holy Moly, you do have an arsenal of strats. All in very nice shape as well.
    Just wait 'til you have that many teles.

4. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome! Great photos, too!

5. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Welcome aboard.

6. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Welcome aboard. South Florida is my favorite place on earth.

7. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the TDPRI, Requiem! Nice to have you with us.
    Shame on you - so many Strats and no Tele for all that time? Well, no point in scolding you now that you've seen the light and made amends ... ;)
    Enjoy!

8. Requiem4agreen

Thanks everyone, tdpri has caused my productivity level to plummet.. :lol:
    Must... focus... on... work.

Thanks Gary, we're never really safe from Hurricanes down here but I'm a bit inland so no worries on the storm surge/flooding end of it.

And as far as the tele, it's a Squier Vintage Modified Tele Special, the model that has a Jazzmaster neck on it. Neck feels a.m.a.z.i.n.g. for a Squier, frets are better then one of my mim. Somewhere along the line the previous owner installed a dual rails type pickup. I'm on the fence about it, I might return it to a single coil and throw that in a project guitar.

9. Casey4s

Casey4s Tele-Meister

Welcome to the TDPRI neighbor.

10. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum !!

11. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

Welcome!

12. 13ontheB

13ontheB Tele-Afflicted

13. Requiem4agreen

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I opened her up last night to see if I could identify the bridge pickup. Unfortunately, it says nothing but maybe someone here has one or knows what it is. My gut is leaning towards a gfs dual rail. Thanks for stopping by.

Attached Files:

14. rsclosson

rsclosson Tele-Afflicted

Welcome to you who lives in the real Florida. I live in Tallahassee, or, as we like to call it around here, South Georgia.

15. deputydog

deputydog Tele-Holic

Welcome!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.