1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Greetings from detox clinic (alcohol)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sotakoira Musti, Dec 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driver8

driver8 Tele-Holic

When you get out of rehab, possibly look into ayahuasca, LSD, or psilocybin treatment. With proper guidance they can really help. Best hopes and wishes for a full recovery into health and sobriety.

2. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Sounds like you have a real alcohol problem.

Unfortunately, this means you have to quit.

Fortunately, you can do it, and your life will become much much better.

Alcoholics suffer. It's sad. Time to gain something... Your sobriety. It's not always easy, but it's very rewarding.

Fiesta Red likes this.
  3. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

There's no escaping from "escaping".

Booze, weed, trips, anything you do to get somewhere - you end up back where you started. That's the reality and it has a price.

Meditation / Spirituality / Music may be the key that unlocks doors.

4. TeleinTX

TeleinTX Tele-Meister

If this dude can get sober, anyone can. Great tune, honest lyrics, and an excellent video with some pretty impressive friends of his. As a kid, his writing, playing and singing had me idolize him. Now as I'm older and a little wiser, his way of living now is what I respect and admire.

As soon as I heard this song the first time, when the first chord played, I knew it was a Jeff Lynne production. All of the ELO, Traveling Willburys, Tom Petty tracks that were produced by Lynne all have that recognizable huge, full sound, with just the right amount of compression.

beanluc, Fiesta Red, Bill and 2 others like this.
  5. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Poster Extraordinaire

Hang in there brother.
    All things must pass ....
    FG

Fiesta Red likes this.
  6. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Holic

Good morning (it’s 04:50ish here) everyone! First and foremost, I want to thank you all for your support; you guys/gals are the best!

I’ve had a loooooooong day and night. The pills they give here are nothing compared to those I have already in my home. For example, I’ve suffered from grave insomnia for 15 years or so. Told the staff about it, but they didn’t give me any sleeping pills automatically. Apparently I should have gone and to peg for them. So about 1 hours of sleeping like a dog with one eye open.

I’m quite squareheaded in some things. Comes from my profession. Don’t make a fuss about yourself, keep your mouth shut and wait.

What’s good news is I have no detox symptoms whatsoever. Hands are rock solid, no pink elephants in sight, head is as clear as one could be. I was 3 months completely sober from July to September, and I did the detox then by myself. Just quit drinking.

I think that’s the best thing I’ve realised being here. ”It’s all in the mind”, like George Harrison said... Only I can make the decision about not drinking; I can’t outsource the responsability of my soberness to any hospital or institute.

Let’s see how things go when the sun rises up again. I keep you posted every now and then.

Once again, I thank you all, you’re wonderful people. That’s why I like this forum so much.

Dan R, CWP0126, PacificChris and 9 others like this.
  7. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

I stopped drinking altogether in my mid-30s, because the hangovers were becoming intolerable and it took less alcohol to trigger them. I got tired of my entire day being ruined.

Alcohol is pretty disgusting, when you think about what's actually happening when you get drunk. Your liver is supposed to metabolize toxins from your body, and it does an effective job as long as they are not hitting it too quick. The whole process of getting drunk involves pounding the liver with so much poison at one time that it can't metabolize it all off, and the excess ends up in your brain.

Frodebro and Fiesta Red like this.
  8. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

I thought this was going to be a "Pogues" song at first, but see that it is far more personal.

I am not a wealth of advice, but I will say that everything is possible when you focus on the finish line. I am a very competitive type so when I focus on a finish line, anything that my inner voice tells me is the enemy and only makes me more determined to prove them wrong.

If you want it....let nothing stop you. I wish you well, nothing you are facing is easy, but you are stronger.

9. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Hang in there, nothing satisfies me more, than to see a fellow human being whip conflict or bad luck, or personal things.

Milspec likes this.
  10. olewaylonfan74

olewaylonfan74 TDPRI Member

Stay strong & stay positive. Went to rehab in 1978. Haven't had a drink since. It can be done. Your life will be a whole lot better. Take it from me.

11. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Thanks for the update. Lots of good people on here indeed, so good decision to open up.

One day at a time buddy. Your playing will be better for it... And your wallet, liver, mood, relationships, etc etc.

One day at a time buddy! You got this... And consider a 12 step program. Online AA meetings are great. No harm to try.

Rocky058 likes this.
  12. 61fury

61fury Friend of Leo's

Much good fortune to you, I always enjoy your posts. I really liked when you posted the map of where you are, I like maps and seeing where other places are. Take care and feel better.

13. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's

Hang in there man. It’s gonna be tough but you can do it. Best of luck to you.

14. Sybo

Sybo Tele-Meister

Christmas prayers for strength.........❤️❤️❤️

15. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

@Sotakoira Musti hang in there! I have seen my father-in-law have a pretty good try at drinking himself to death and then stepping back from the edge and winning himself a good healthy life again. You can do it — but accept all the help you are offered, please, because it will not be easy.

Peter77 likes this.
  16. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

good luck get what you desire, unfortunately, sobriety is not a transferable currency or I'd gladly write you a blank check.
    again best of luck in your quest, remember, it's not a moral issue
    anymore than people dying from covid is a result of them being punished for being bad I knew how to get sober, I just didn't know how to stay sober, compelled I was to take the next drink and then it was as if I had been cursed.
    square-1440774353-gettyimages-532125957.jpg

Fiesta Red likes this.
  17. Peter77

Peter77 Tele-Holic

Wow that I would not recomend. Rather take up some physical avtivity, that makes you exhausted and you get ” high ” naturaly and healthy. Heard of runners high ? Thats I think when you get extra endorphines which makes you feel good. Good but in a healthy way.

Fiesta Red and KATT like this.
  18. Peter77

Peter77 Tele-Holic

Exactly accept help and motivation from your side I think is the key.
    You ( Finland) and me ( Sweden) belong to 2 countries with bad alcohol tradition. The notion of getting as drunk as possible exists in our countries which is a shame.

19. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The founder of AA, Bill Wilson was an advocate of using psychedelic drugs to promote recovery from alcoholism. Michael Pollan mentions it in his book on psychedelics as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/aug/23/lsd-help-alcoholics-theory

driver8 likes this.
  20. Peter77

Peter77 Tele-Holic

I see your point but would that not be to change from one destructive thing to another ? Well Maybe not If it is supervised and controlled.

stormsedge likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.