1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Greer lightspeed.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by uriah1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Gin Mill Cowboy

Gin Mill Cowboy Tele-Meister

I love my LightSpeed. As someone else mentioned, it’s an always on pedal for me. I use it after my Sunface Fuzz and it is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tho618 likes this.
  2. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

Nice gear! ;)

3. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Always suspicious of someone new with one post who pops in to show their support for a pedal or amp builder. Used to see this a lot in the past. Some things never change.

4. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Almost 3 months later, hows it going with the lightspeed? I hear nothing but great things about them...haven't pulled the trigger since I think I am well covered at this point...

5. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Still there. The eq sweep makes it Good for neck buckers too. Good at light gain but could almost make it Od2 for me If I take gain past noon

6. Visual Guy

Visual Guy TDPRI Member

Hey there! Being suspicious or skeptical is the right call on the internet. I even have a youtube channel! OMG!

Fortunately though, I purchased all three of these pedals myself, and tried them as I really like Light-medium, drives that work with my amps. Full disclosure, David Barber did give me a discounted Gain Changer for $75 b/c I told him I would video it, and honestly my video wasn't that great, but I still have one and use it often.

I'm fairly new to the forum b/c I only played Gibson's and Strats until recently. Now I'm a proud owner of 3 teles. I just saw this thread at random after joining and I had some experience so I popped in for a sec hoping to offer a couple comparable options is all. Sorry to ruffle feathers. I frequent TGP a lot and I suppose I need to earn my ranks over here. Challenge accepted. Cheers!

FenderLover likes this.
  7. Grendel2000

Grendel2000 TDPRI Member

@Gin Mill Cowboy

PLEASE TELL ME MORE!

I have a RCA Sunface ("higher gain") and just got a Lightspeed. I keep the Sunface first in my chain. How are you using these pedals together? Any insight into pedal, guitar and amp settings with respect to relative amounts of gain across the different components?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  8. mugen74

mugen74 Tele-Holic

I’m more into the Southland pedal from what I’ve heard online. Not that that contributes to the thread in any way.

jh

9. Gin Mill Cowboy

Gin Mill Cowboy Tele-Meister

No real insight. Guitar > Sunface > LightSpeed > Analog Delay > Fender Princeton or Deluxe. I never run high gain, but the fuzz is set to stun, Lightspeed is set for a little hair/growl amp is anywhere between clean or just on edge of breakup. I can actually leave both on and control everything from guitar volume. I don’t do that all the time, but good for some songs.

I do find with my humbucker guitar that the fuzz has to be dialed back a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

I’ve done this as well, though I sold my Lightspeed because I preferred the Timmy. Both are very good, but I only had room for one.

I’ve found that stacking like this really adds sparkle and increases the dynamic range of the fuzz that is available in the guitar’s volume knob. Knob adjustments aren’t so abrupt.

11. Grendel2000

Grendel2000 TDPRI Member

Thanks for that! Out of curiosity how high up do you have the Fuzz dial turned up on your Sunface we you do that?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.