1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Greco Les Pauls and their model/series/range naming system

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Che_Guitarra, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Che_Guitarra

Che_Guitarra Tele-Holic

I'm trying to get a handle on Greco guitars (Les Paul styles), and how their model/series/range naming system works - for example ECG-75, EG-100, EG-500, EG-1200... etc.

The 'Super Reals' (EG-1200) are obviously the pick of the bunch - a great little secret until the mid 2000s, but the secret is out and now their prices are way beyond what i'm willing to pay for a guitar.

I'm wondering how the other model variants stack up, and what features comes (or are omitted) from their various product ranges.

FWIW i've owned a few Grecos over the past 30 years of guitar whoring, they were all fine instruments, but I didn't keep track of what variants they were. Now looking to buy a later model ('90s) Greco for under $1K... obviously a superior model would be preferable to a lesser model.

Hmmm...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.