Greatings from south of France

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Hello Tele fans,

My name is Jean-Christophe, 52, and I live in France, in a region named Provence located in the south east of the country, in a small town near Aix-en-Provence.

I play guitars since 1990 but, because of my pro occupations, had to stop several years because of lack of free time.

During the COVID lock down, I made the decision to restart playing... and buy a Fender Telecaster Player alors with a small Frontman 20G amplifier.
Practice daily... almost daily... and reflex came back. I play, mostly, blues & classical rock but some jazz and even music like "the Shadows" too.

I own now 2 Telecaster :
- A very recent AM Pro II in dark night finish (alder body, rosewood neck) that I really love (those V-Mod II pickups are really great)
- A not so recent and not so old, that it came home to replace my Player series just after the lock down, AM Pro Limited Edition with a Shawbucker T1 in neck position, one piece ash body and maple neck and this great classical Butterscotch Blonde finish.
It is a FSR jewel, my jewel Tele: Fender made 233 units of these only between 2018 and 2019.

I sold the Frontman 20G with the Player Telecaster (to the same guy) after the lock down & buy a real great amplifier : a VOX AC15C1 with all JJ tubes.
In the beginning of the year, I add a Fender Mustang GTX 100 to the equipment... but yet not totally satisfy on it because I had difficulty to found MY sound with it (sound I found immediately with the VOX).

I discover TDPRI recently when searching about Tube Screamer like pedals to use with the VOX (shortlist is now the Fender Santa Ana and the Plumes from EarthQuake) and decide to join and participate.

As said, I am a French guy... so, excuse my english per advance if I made some errors or mistakes.

Bye bye, read you soon.
Welcome to the TDPRI.
We would love to see pictures of your Equipment.
~String Tree
IMG_20160119_153818_152.jpg
IMG_20160129_205019_812.jpg

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico USA. That was a fantastic intro you posted. Vox really hit the nail with EL84 tubes. Fender's entire Hot Rod amp series, plus the Bassbreaker series incorporate EL84s. They are my personal choice in amp tube used in amps. I tip my hat to France's president standing with Ukraine.

Robert H.

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Hello Tele fans,

My name is Jean-Christophe, 52, and I live in France, in a region named Provence located in the south east of the country, in a small town near Aix-en-Provence.

I play guitars since 1990 but, because of my pro occupations, had to stop several years because of lack of free time.

During the COVID lock down, I made the decision to restart playing... and buy a Fender Telecaster Player alors with a small Frontman 20G amplifier.
Practice daily... almost daily... and reflex came back. I play, mostly, blues & classical rock but some jazz and even music like "the Shadows" too.

I own now 2 Telecaster :
- A very recent AM Pro II in dark night finish (alder body, rosewood neck) that I really love (those V-Mod II pickups are really great)
- A not so recent and not so old, that it came home to replace my Player series just after the lock down, AM Pro Limited Edition with a Shawbucker T1 in neck position, one piece ash body and maple neck and this great classical Butterscotch Blonde finish.
It is a FSR jewel, my jewel Tele: Fender made 233 units of these only between 2018 and 2019.

I sold the Frontman 20G with the Player Telecaster (to the same guy) after the lock down & buy a real great amplifier : a VOX AC15C1 with all JJ tubes.
In the beginning of the year, I add a Fender Mustang GTX 100 to the equipment... but yet not totally satisfy on it because I had difficulty to found MY sound with it (sound I found immediately with the VOX).

I discover TDPRI recently when searching about Tube Screamer like pedals to use with the VOX (shortlist is now the Fender Santa Ana and the Plumes from EarthQuake) and decide to join and participate.

As said, I am a French guy... so, excuse my english per advance if I made some errors or mistakes.

Bye bye, read you soon.
I love Aix and it’s environs! Welcome.

Matt G

Tele-Afflicted
Hello Tele fans, My name is Jean-Christophe, 52, and I live in France. . . .
A belated welcome to you from Down Under, JC (Frenchy). Always different and interesting music to be had from la Gaule!

p.s. three cheers for black Teles. ;-)

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Ah, Aix, the home of Cezanne, my hero.

Most of my family live in various parts of France (most of them in Grasse) but strangely I have never been to Aix.

Welcome.

Crafty Fox

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome to TDPRI, my MIM Standard currently lives near Hesdin in the Pas de Calais. At least I hope it does, as we have not managed to visit France since early 2020. We have only been to Aix once. We based ourselves in Apt for a few days in 2001. One evening we went out to find the restaurant unusually quiet, the next day September 12th, we realised why. It's a lovely part of the world which we really should get back to.
I know Apt! I've stayed there twice, back in the early 80's. Always wanted a revisit.
Played guitar with a friend in cafes there. Loved it!
I love Provence generally.
And......Welcome Frenchy, from Western Australia. :cool: