Greatings from south of France

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
Hello Tele fans,

My name is Jean-Christophe, 52, and I live in France, in a region named Provence located in the south east of the country, in a small town near Aix-en-Provence.

I play guitars since 1990 but, because of my pro occupations, had to stop several years because of lack of free time.

During the COVID lock down, I made the decision to restart playing... and buy a Fender Telecaster Player alors with a small Frontman 20G amplifier.
Practice daily... almost daily... and reflex came back. I play, mostly, blues & classical rock but some jazz and even music like "the Shadows" too.

I own now 2 Telecaster :
- A very recent AM Pro II in dark night finish (alder body, rosewood neck) that I really love (those V-Mod II pickups are really great)
- A not so recent and not so old, that it came home to replace my Player series just after the lock down, AM Pro Limited Edition with a Shawbucker T1 in neck position, one piece ash body and maple neck and this great classical Butterscotch Blonde finish.
It is a FSR jewel, my jewel Tele: Fender made 233 units of these only between 2018 and 2019.

I sold the Frontman 20G with the Player Telecaster (to the same guy) after the lock down & buy a real great amplifier : a VOX AC15C1 with all JJ tubes.
In the beginning of the year, I add a Fender Mustang GTX 100 to the equipment... but yet not totally satisfy on it because I had difficulty to found MY sound with it (sound I found immediately with the VOX).

I discover TDPRI recently when searching about Tube Screamer like pedals to use with the VOX (shortlist is now the Fender Santa Ana and the Plumes from EarthQuake) and decide to join and participate.

As said, I am a French guy... so, excuse my english per advance if I made some errors or mistakes.

Bye bye, read you soon.

Last edited:

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
And for the fun... some pictures of the black Tele thanks to whom I restart to play during COVID lock down (my actual Teles will be posted in a NGD thread).

IMG_3008_DxO.jpg

IMG_3009_DxO.jpg

IMG_3004_DxO.jpg

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Welcome to TDPRI, my MIM Standard currently lives near Hesdin in the Pas de Calais. At least I hope it does, as we have not managed to visit France since early 2020. We have only been to Aix once. We based ourselves in Apt for a few days in 2001. One evening we went out to find the restaurant unusually quiet, the next day September 12th, we realised why. It's a lovely part of the world which we really should get back to.

1651485211804.png

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
Welcome to TDPRI, my MIM Standard currently lives near Hesdin in the Pas de Calais. At least I hope it does, as we have not managed to visit France since early 2020. We have only been to Aix once. We based ourselves in Apt for a few days in 2001. One evening we went out to find the restaurant unusually quiet, the next day September 12th, we realised why. It's a lovely part of the world which we really should get back to.

Thanks. I know Hesdin well... my parents are in Boulogne Sur Mer .... not so far away from Hesdin.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Welcome! And thanks for the photos of the prior tele.

I did see your posting on the new telecasters and those are very fine looking guitars.

My wife is quite the Francophile so very interested in and has traveled about a fair amount, taking me along. She lived in Paris for some time. My nephew married a very lovely woman from Monteux and we stayed with her family there on one adventure; did some touring about that area at the time.

As I remember it, Aix is something of a cultural center. We were there during All Saints - it was beautiful.

Good luck with the new gear. The telecaster/Vox combination is excellent, beloved by many. To paraphrase Pagnol (for the making of the calisson) but for excellent musical results, you need one-third telecaster, one-third Vox, one-third practice and one-quarter savoir faire.

Peter Graham

TDPRI Member
Enchante et bienvenue, Jean-Christophe. J'aime votre Tele. La coleur est fantastique. Mais j'adore Provence. Pour moi, le marche a Velleron est meilleur que Les Pixies jouant dans ma maison!

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Hello Tele fans,

My name is Jean-Christophe, 52, and I live in France, in a region named Provence located in the south east of the country, in a small town near Aix-en-Provence.

I play guitars since 1990 but, because of my pro occupations, had to stop several years because of lack of free time.

During the COVID lock down, I made the decision to restart playing... and buy a Fender Telecaster Player alors with a small Frontman 20G amplifier.
Practice daily... almost daily... and reflex came back. I play, mostly, blues & classical rock but some jazz and even music like "the Shadows" too.

I own now 2 Telecaster :
- A very recent AM Pro II in dark night finish (alder body, rosewood neck) that I really love (those V-Mod II pickups are really great)
- A not so recent and not so old, that it came home to replace my Player series just after the lock down, AM Pro Limited Edition with a Shawbucker T1 in neck position, one piece ash body and maple neck and this great classical Butterscotch Blonde finish.
It is a FSR jewel, my jewel Tele: Fender made 233 units of these only between 2018 and 2019.

I sold the Frontman 20G with the Player Telecaster (to the same guy) after the lock down & buy a real great amplifier : a VOX AC15C1 with all JJ tubes.
In the beginning of the year, I add a Fender Mustang GTX 100 to the equipment... but yet not totally satisfy on it because I had difficulty to found MY sound with it (sound I found immediately with the VOX).

I discover TDPRI recently when searching about Tube Screamer like pedals to use with the VOX (shortlist is now the Fender Santa Ana and the Plumes from EarthQuake) and decide to join and participate.

As said, I am a French guy... so, excuse my english per advance if I made some errors or mistakes.

Bye bye, read you soon.
Welcome! There’s a 2CV Citroen thread here to make you feel at home

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
Welcome! There’s a 2CV Citroen thread here to make you feel at home

Thanks ! Yes, I saw it and post a reply. Nevertheless, no need for a car to feel at home (Since august 2020, on the week-end, I rode a yellow Corvette C7 Z06, so... for cars, I am not at home) when we got a Telecaster and friends...music is kind of things that is "frontier less".

C7-AV.jpg

C7-AR.jpg

Last edited: