Greatest modern country tune ever?

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
I think the people who have posted tunes here (some of them very good) should go back and listen to the song posted by the OP. Everything else pales in comparison.

To each his own- I'd say that the best of these songs are the least modern (Midland, Brad Paisley)

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
...and the best non-bro country songs out now--Chris Stapleton's catalogue--are soul songs. Tennessee Whiskey is obviously (as has been discussed on here) I'd Rather Go Blind by Etta James but with different lyrics, but You Should Probably Leave is also much more soul than country.

WalthamMoosical

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Wow. Just wow. Makes me wonder why Jim Steinman (RIP) was in such a hurry to get on to the part about how good-looking the girl was.

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
...and the best non-bro country songs out now--Chris Stapleton's catalogue--are soul songs. Tennessee Whiskey is obviously (as has been discussed on here) I'd Rather Go Blind by Etta James but with different lyrics, but You Should Probably Leave is also much more soul than country.

Sign of the times- virtually everything is some sort of fusion nowadays.

brindlepicker

Tele-Meister
10-20 hrs/wk driving for work after listening to FM country and getting tired of that and reading some of the Allman brothers influences got me into listening to jazz.
Not to mention hearing what ?..40’year old men sing about 15-20 year olds stuff.