Greatest drummer in the history of Rock & Roll

Hank-Frost

TDPRI Member
I wasn't a Led Zeppelin fan for most of my life, but in recent years I have come to realize they were probably the most all-around talented group of musicians to ever form a band, especially John Paul Jones and John Bonham. I have decided that John Bonham is the greatest rock drummer who ever lived. Anyhow, today would have been Bonham's 74th birthday.

I think Fool in the Rain is one of the best examples of his talent - sadly, the band never played it live.

The Ocean is another good example.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
You hit the nail on the head. Ringo and Charlie plus Mitch. None better.

Nailed it!

I love it when Rock drummers have that smooth 'jazz swing' to their playing. And still can ' stop time', with maybe syncopated fills and improv

I dig Mitch M. especially on ( studio version ) " Red House" and " Manic Depression" Wow!!

Another big fave of mine ( I know this is a love-hate band) is Bill Kreutzman ( alone) in the Grateful Dead. Can just hear him swing better, alone.
( by contrast: Jaimoe and Butch Trucks in The Allman Brothers, those were two drummers that really could play together!)

But there is something I just love about Jimi, Noel, and Mitch- they really grooved

Last edited: