1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Great Van Halen story

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teleman1, Oct 19, 2020.

1. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

68tele and Torren61 like this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I saw Van Halen during the 5150 tour at the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, TN. I never really liked them with Sammy but this night was pretty cool because they were doing "Jump" and they had this HUGE stage and right as they were beginning the song, Hagar asks the crowd if anyone kn ew the words to the song and a thousand hands went up and Sammy grabbed one guy to come up on stage.

The guy gets up on stage and Sammy hands him a mic and they both start singing the song. The dude that he picked was SO excited, lol. He was going from one end of the stage to the other and even though he couldn't sing very well, he was having the time of his life. It was something I'm sure he'll be remembering until the day he dies. That was very cool.

Bassman8 likes this.
  3. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

Loved by the band, screwed by their management, yet not bitter about it. Kudos to this gentleman.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.