For Sale Great sounding G.E. Smith style Pinecaster

theprofessor

Poster Extraordinaire
For sale is a really nice-sounding and well appointed partscaster with a pine body, with the bridge pickup mounted G.E. Smith style.

This is a I put together from a Slow Train Guitars Broadcaster-style body, made of two pieces of kiln-dried Alabama pine. The fit and finish are excellent, aside from the slightly misaligned string ferrule holes on the back of the guitar. These do not affect the performance in any way. As is typical with pine, there are a few small pocks and tracks here and there, but no major dents or dings. The body is finished in a beautiful red, topped with a clear coat of heavy duty industrial lacquer with a satin/matte finish.

The pickups are a Cavalier Fat Lion King in the neck position, clockwise south, made with 10,500 turns of 43AWG over AlNiCo 5 magnets. The bridge pickup is a Cavalier Fat Lion, counterclockwise north, made with 11,300 turns of 42AWG over staggered AlNiCo 5 magnets, to match better the 7.25" fretboard radius. It is parchment string wrapped, with relic'd pole pieces. These are great, clear higher output Tele-style pickups made by Rob DiStefano. The bridge pickup is mounted directly to the body with #6 machine screws and brass wood inserts. The bridge is a heavily relic'd Wilkinson chopped bridge with compensated brass saddles. The control plate and knobs are relic'd chrome, and in the control cavity are two CTS 250k pots and a Switchcraft jack. The jack plate is Electrosocket, and the switch is a 3-way Oak-Grigsby. The pickguard is 3-ply mint green.

The neck is a Warmoth True Vintage neck with a Fatback profile (1"@1st - 1"@12th), a 7.25" fretboard radius, and medium jumbo frets. The frets are in good condition. They show signs of use, but there are no major divots or notches. The nut width is 1-5/8" (1.625"). The nut is Tusq and is set up for 10-46 strings. It is strung with Elixir Nanoweb 10's. The tuners are vintage Kluson-style six-in-line (I believe they are Gotoh, but I am not 100% certain), and there is a button string tree. The neck is finished in Tru Oil and shows signs of use, but it has not been abused. The neck attaches to the body with inserts and stainless steel machine screws, making for a very secure joint.

This guitar sounds and plays great. It has a lot of ring and sustain, and the tone is pure Tele. The complete guitar weighs 7 lbs, 5 oz., and it is set up, intonated, and ready to play with medium action. Ships in a like-new Fender padded gig bag.

$600 net to me shipped/pp. If using paypal goods & services, please add 3%. A few pictures here. Happy to send plenty more by request.

https://imgur.com/oHm0lHe

https://imgur.com/BZWSlgt

IMG_3331.jpg
IMG_3332.jpg

Last edited:

theprofessor

Poster Extraordinaire
Would love to see pics...
Very sorry I forgot! Pics here:

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
This is a nice guitar for the $ IMO. I'm not in the market but if I were, I'd be seriously considering this one. Nice work Professor! FWIW I think I'd put a full size picture of it out here, front and back, so folks can see it in its entirety ;)

theprofessor

Poster Extraordinaire
This is a nice guitar for the $ IMO. I'm not in the market but if I were, I'd be seriously considering this one. Nice work Professor! FWIW I think I'd put a full size picture of it out here, front and back, so folks can see it in its entirety ;)
Thanks very much! Yes, it is a very nice guitar for the money. It is actually just a very nice guitar, period. Plays and sounds great. I will try to get a couple of pictures up later today. Thanks again!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Thanks very much! Yes, it is a very nice guitar for the money. It is actually just a very nice guitar, period. Plays and sounds great. I will try to get a couple of pictures up later today. Thanks again!

You're most welcome! I love the vintage details you've put on it, to include the string ferrule's not being perfectly strait, 50's knobs, 7.25 radius, etc. etc. I'm partial to such details ;) The Cavalier pups are likewise awesome! I have a set in my travel Tele and I love the tones I get out of them ;) Yep... nice guitar you've got there.

Humble1

TDPRI Member
For sale is a really nice-sounding and well appointed partscaster with a pine body, with the bridge pickup mounted G.E. Smith style.

This is a I put together from a Slow Train Guitars Broadcaster-style body, made of two pieces of kiln-dried Alabama pine. The fit and finish are excellent, aside from the slightly misaligned string ferrule holes on the back of the guitar. These do not affect the performance in any way. As is typical with pine, there are a few small pocks and tracks here and there, but no major dents or dings. The body is finished in a beautiful red, topped with a clear coat of heavy duty industrial lacquer with a satin/matte finish.

The pickups are a Cavalier Fat Lion King in the neck position, clockwise south, made with 10,500 turns of 43AWG over AlNiCo 5 magnets. The bridge pickup is a Cavalier Fat Lion, counterclockwise north, made with 11,300 turns of 42AWG over staggered AlNiCo 5 magnets, to match better the 7.25" fretboard radius. It is parchment string wrapped, with relic'd pole pieces. These are great, clear higher output Tele-style pickups made by Rob DiStefano. The bridge pickup is mounted directly to the body with #6 machine screws and brass wood inserts. The bridge is a heavily relic'd Wilkinson chopped bridge with compensated brass saddles. The control plate and knobs are relic'd chrome, and in the control cavity are two CTS 250k pots and a Switchcraft jack. The jack plate is Electrosocket, and the switch is a 3-way Oak-Grigsby. The pickguard is 3-ply mint green.

The neck is a Warmoth True Vintage neck with a Fatback profile (1"@1st - 1"@12th), a 7.25" fretboard radius, and medium jumbo frets. The frets are in good condition. They show signs of use, but there are no major divots or notches. The nut width is 1-5/8" (1.625"). The nut is Tusq and is set up for 10-46 strings. It is strung with Elixir Nanoweb 10's. The tuners are vintage Kluson-style six-in-line (I believe they are Gotoh, but I am not 100% certain), and there is a button string tree. The neck is finished in Tru Oil and shows signs of use, but it has not been abused. The neck attaches to the body with inserts and stainless steel machine screws, making for a very secure joint.

This guitar sounds and plays great. It has a lot of ring and sustain, and the tone is pure Tele. The complete guitar weighs 7 lbs, 5 oz., and it is set up, intonated, and ready to play with medium action. Ships in a like-new Fender padded gig bag.

$600 net to me shipped/pp. If using paypal goods & services, please add 3%. A few pictures here. Happy to send plenty more by request.

https://imgur.com/oHm0lHe

https://imgur.com/BZWSlgt

View attachment 994785 View attachment 994786