Great Moments In Sports - We just saw one at The Open

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dkmw, Jul 21, 2019.

1. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Have fun partying all you Irishmen! I don’t even play golf but that was worth watching.

Truly inspirational play, situation, outcome:):):)

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Dang, no video?

3. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

One of the best Opens I have ever watched. Shane Lowry is an Irish hero tonight no doubt! The little town he lived in South of there (I think) had over three hundred people in the local pub watching the game, and rooting for Lowry. Golfers lined up congratulating him and his family. Golf is a great sport, to play or watch. I have in general found golfers to be a decent lot all around. The spectator rush at the end was just cool.

Stubee and RodeoTex like this.
  5. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I’m a Major tourney fan and I watch as much as I can of all of them except the PGA, which has never seemed that “Major” to me. I put The Open on my calendar at least a month ago, then had two issues: the first two rounds were on Golf TV which I don’t get at my cottage and my 94 year old FIL is up here. 23E74B7D-09D5-4849-BCC2-85103467CF89.jpeg

He’s a good guy and loves it here, even pets our dog who adores him because of his reticence. But he shares a horrible affliction with my wife: they watch every single Detroit Tigers game from start to finish. Now I’m a Tigers fan but this season after 100-odd games I’m a bit rung out.

So I DVRED the Open the final two days and on Sunday I went fishing when the Tigers came on. F41084CE-2ED6-4399-8B09-8D6DBFF67264.jpeg
    I came back just in time to see the 9th inning where the Tigers finally won a game, mixed drinks, cooked up broiled whitefish (FIL favorite), fried walleye etc etc, poured wine, poured bonded bourbon for myself, poured more bourbon for myself then watched the final round. A simply great round of golf by Lowry and worth every ounce of effort, and bourbon!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

A fine day you had sir, and a great way to end it. Shane was a true champion, showed a lot of grit, and class at the same time. No one plays a perfect round of golf under those conditions, but he did as well as any of the greats before him. I think his whole life will change now and for the better.

Stubee likes this.
  7. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I thought you were talking about the epic Wimbledon Men's Final.

8. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

great Open ...and a fantastic course , Royal Portrush is on the bucket list..

Stubee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.