1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Great Boutique Amp Deal in San Diego

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Kelleycaster, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Kelleycaster

Kelleycaster Tele-Meister

theprofessor and rz350 like this.
  2. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

3. Kelleycaster

My thoughts exactly!

4. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Probably somebody passed away with no musician relatives... Or could be a vindictive divorce?

I have never bought anything through Goodwill's auctioning site. Anybody had any luck?

uriah1 and telemnemonics like this.
  5. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Or...it blew up...and they wanted it out of the house.

Deeve likes this.
  6. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

It's not a bad way to go if you do your homework and don't marry yourself to absolutely having what you're bidding on. I see most known brands of guitars on goodwill sell for higher prices than the normal used market and I think it's because someone starts bidding and then refuses to walk away. Squiers and Epiphones always seem to sell way overpriced by the time their auctions are done.

ALWAYS check shipping/handling before you bid. You might think you're getting a good deal but shipping can change that really quickly. Example: this amp is local pickup only, so if you live in Sheboygan and decide to bid, best hope you know someone in San Diego who can pick it up and hold or ship it to you.

Spend plenty of time looking at the pics and reading the descriptions. I got an epiphone LP special last year on goodwill, and though it took me a while on the site, I finally determined that the guitar had a headstock repair. It was difficult to see, and lack of refinishing gave it away. The description from goodwill made NO mention of any neck damage. You kind of shop at your own risk. I have heard from a friend who buys a lot on goodwill that they are loathe to reverse a bid in the event of something like out of town bidding on local pickup only items.

EDIT: I fatfingered and posted incomplete, so I have edited it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Axis29 likes this.
  7. Bryan A

Bryan A Tele-Meister

Says “server not available”, what is it?

8. Kelleycaster

A Koch Multitone 2x12

I’ve noticed things go extra high there before as well. It’s ironic, but I think the few people that poke around there tend to assume they’ve found the deal of a lifetime and think “surely whatever price I win it for will be a steal compared to EBay where tons of people are watching”, but it only takes two people who lost their reference to create a ridiculous bidding war...:rolleyes:

gregulator450 likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

100 watts....bucking the trend, eh? 4x12AX7s....I am going to suspect the reverb is in the solid state domain...I could be wrong.
    However, there is a schematic online. One BF type channel, one 5F6A derived channel. Solid state reverb. With the limited 8nfo on the sale site, the bid is way beyond anything I would give for it. Might be a bargain, or it might not function. Sold....best of luck to the new owner.

homesick345 likes this.
  10. zook

zook Friend of Leo's

WasHis1.jpg

Axis29 likes this.
  11. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Holic

I have questions...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.