Great book on wiring.

Willien

NEW MEMBER!
All,
Purchased this book about a month ago. I build a bunch of variations on the theme and struggle with wiring all the time. Gerry Haze is a wiz at wiring and build information. He has come out with this book and I strongly recommend this to anyone who is challenged by wiring. Diagrams of nearly every combination of pickups and pots. Check it out here. I'm a huge fan. His newsletter is also extremely helpful. Worth the subscription.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
Having recently fumbled through two pickup swaps, and realizing how utterly clueless I am when it comes to the "guts" of electric guitars, I know I need to get edumacated better on this stuff. I checked out the reviews of this book on Amazon and it looks ideal. I ordered a hard copy. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
OK, I just got this book and although I've only flipped through it and read bits and pieces so far, it looks excellent. Very well written, and with superb illustrations.

ahiddentableau

Tele-Holic
Maybe I'm just cheap, but 40 bucks for information that is mostly easy to get online seems steep to me. I'm sure there's a high convenience factor to having it all in one place, but what am I getting here that I can't find with an easy google or forum search? I mean I'm sure that preface by Dan Erlewine is killer and all, but what exactly am I paying for? Am I missing something?

To be clear, I don't mean to be down on the author. I like his website and have read several of his articles. Just wondering what I'd be getting in the book that I can't get easily elsewhere.

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
For one thing, there’s a lot of bad advice and incorrect wiring diagrams on the interwebs. The best on-line resource is the Seymour Duncan website. However, once you get into non-traditional wiring (out-of-phase, coil tap, etc), it’s hard to find diagrams. I’m thinking this resource might help one understand the ‘why‘ in addition to the ‘how’.

Can the OP weigh in here?