GRB Kokocaster

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by StoogeSurfer, Jul 23, 2019.

1. StoogeSurfer

StoogeSurfer Tele-Afflicted

NGD for me yesterday, a GRB Kokocaster (MIK). Been jonesin' for this kind of guitar for a while, couldn't afford a Charvel, but couldn't pass up this deal.

Things I like: the neck. 25.5 scale, like a Tele, wide, 1 5/8" at the nut. Medium C shape I guess - very easy to play. The lipsticks on a chambered body are an interesting sound. I think the sound really came to life too when I put some heavy gauge strings on it. And of course it's got the Surfcaster look, how cool is that? Don't try to set in on the floor on it's wacky butt, it does not want to sit up straight. The trem is good enough, not super responsive like a Fender or PRS, but not bad. All in all, it's a bit of an adventure.

IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0910.JPG

jayyj, LeftFinger, Zepfan and 2 others like this.
  2. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Welp - chances of a post-jam confusion are dramatically reduced, so ya got that security feature goin' for ya.
    ;)
    Seriously, tho - if you're havin' fun w/ this new rig, good on ya.
    Peace - Deeve

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.