1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Grateful that REAL Radio Shacks still exist

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Norton72, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

We have a Radio Shack here, called Kobs Electronics. The guys there are very knowledgeable about all things electronic. The owner is a musician and an electronics geek. They sell all sorts of electronic project kits, robot kits, and something called the Raspberry Pi. My son had bought a Traxxas RC truck with his own money,but he broke a wire loose from the motor. I suck at soldering so I took it to Radio Shack and they fixed it up for me and didn't charge me anything. So of course I bought about $50 worth of merchandise while waiting. (10ft. charging cable for my phone and an AC converter for charging a laptop in the truck on long trips.) While I was there the owner was explaining about the Raspberry Pi -- sounds like a good project for my son and it has a lot of other projects you can build to enhance it.

Just wanted to put a good plug in for good service at a place where all the employees actually know their business.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    bparnell57 likes this.
  2. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I did NOT read this thread before posting about great experiences I've had in commerce. I wish I had, I could have just put mine here! Regardless...yes! It's always refreshing to receive more than you expect...

bparnell57 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.