graph tech string saver saddles.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telenate, Feb 18, 2009.

1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

They've got to last, at least as long as dried chewing gum.

I've got to say, Graphtech saddles were right up there with being the worst guitar products I've ever bought. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that I was trying too hard not to offend anyone, in my previous posts in this Necro-thread.

Also, don't use the existing Squier Standard through holes when you do a Bubba-Mod. Having the strings break over the barrel saddle and then go straight vertical, down into the through hole, produced a tight feeling guitar. I tore that all out and filled and redrilled for an AV52 style bridge plate with 3 brass compensated saddles. The through holes re-utilize the existing ferrules on the back - the string simply passes through the body on a diagonal route. It works in the Oil Field, so what the heck? :^)

2. Fullmoon07

Fullmoon07 Tele-Meister

Shall I take it you're not a fan?

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Well, I came away from learning that Stew Mac's system of giving a discount when you buy 3 or more, is only useful if you end up wanting the product.

I was puzzled. The Graphtech nuts work quite well. You have to ask yourself, what's going on that the substance works for nuts, but not for saddles on an electric six string? It makes you reconsider everything you do, as you pick and finger notes. Forces you to stop and think about what you're actually doing.

And, it teaches that some guys like certain products, but feel insecure being the only person using the product. So, they boast about how great the product is so someone else will share company and they won't feel cut off or something. But I don't mind. I use bronze saddles and could be the only guy at TDPRI doing so - but that's OK.

4. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

The strings should touch other parts of the bridge assembly that are metal. This shouldn't be an issue and hasn't been for me on my strat partscaster.

I don't have a Les Paul, but I have Stringsaver Classics on my strat partscaster. I like them better than stamped saddles. They work as advertised and do take that high pitch spike out of the equation.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.