Granddaughter bags her first deer!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dented, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatrack

hatrack TDPRI Member

I’m in total agreement with RoyBGood. I find this gloating over murdering a beautiful creature utterly unacceptable.

coldengray and DougM like this.
  2. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm fine with legal hunting, but I find the tradition of posing with a dead and bloody animal with a big smile on your face disturbing. Seems disrespectful to me.

3. Bones

I was unarmed each time and still manged to get the shot and my trophy

07_zpsed6c80dc.jpg
    DSC09637-1pb_zps643807bf.jpg DSC_0643 -1.jpg

4. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Huh, that almost took until page 2...

Are we mellowing out or slowing down? :D

duzie, Flakey, rad1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bones

It's Sunday morning...

DSC07265-1fb_zpspvpxrrfh.jpg DSC07942-1_zps5f726a39.jpg

6. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Friend of Leo's

I'm with Bones on this one. As a dedicated meat-eater, I'd be a hypocrite to oppose hunting (probably the most humane way of procuring meat anyway)... but treating killed animals like trophies is disturbing on a different level.

7. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

‘No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.’

Just done much the same. However, in summary the OP very clearly breaches the rules of TDPRI and the post should be removed.

8. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

Congrats to that young lady on her first deer, it's a better deer than my first. I've been a deer hunter for over 40 years and have taken too many to count anymore. As for you tree hugging ,Bambi lovers, if it ever hits the fan and anarchy reigns supreme,I guess you'll just have to go out and gnaw the bark off your precious trees for nourishment. Enjoy

Kreepy, duzie, Toto'sDad and 2 others like this.
  9. hatrack

hatrack TDPRI Member

I’m trying to work out why the original poster has started this thread. There are probably hundreds of forums that cater to hunting enthusiasts; although not to my personal liking, a post such as this would be totally appropriate in such a place. I would never look at a forum of that nature and so would not be offended. I do however find it offensive when it is posted in a place where the good old Telecaster is meant to be the glue that binds us. Did the OP start this thread because he genuinely thought that all other members would share his pride in his grand-daughter’s ‘achievement’? In which case, he may have judged that unwisely, or did he start the thread hoping that it would inflame a bit of controversy (by upsetting “tree-hugging Bambi lovers like me, ha ha!). I think it would be good if the OP could explain his motivation because, as it stands, this thread seems to breach the ‘code’ of what tdpri should stand for.

twotone60 likes this.
  10. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

Well, I'll opt for blocking a couple of people here and be happy there's an ocean between them and me.

11. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Tele-Meister

Congrats to the granddaughter. A few years ago my (then) 17 year old niece went hunting for the first time and shot a big ol' buck like that. Very cool. Now for the rest of her hunting career she will be disappointed. :)

Toto'sDad, dented and HappyHwy1owner like this.
  12. Bones

I know a lot of hunters and as a group, they are pretty much tone-deaf as demonstrated here by the OP and others like @rarebreed. For me, it's not about being a "bambi hugger' and I'm quite capable a killing and surviving should the need arise. This post isn't about surviving, it's about displaying your kill in a disrespectful way while wearing and using gear that costs more than the value of meat procured. This kill was for sport, not survival, it was killed for bragging rights and that's not worthy of my respect. Deer do need to be "culled" in many places, and it's great that people go out there and thin the herds and eat the meat, but we don't need to see the bloody corpse. If the OP had posted a photo of a nice meal provided by this buck, I would be totally cool with that. But just like I don't want to see my short ribs still on the bloody cow, I don't like these type of photos anymore than I like to see some angler with an insipid grin on his face and a beer in his hand holding the mouth of a dead Great White Shark open.

The blood streaming from the nose and down the chest of this buck suggests that he was shot through the lung and died while drowning in his own blood, gasping for air, scared out of his mind and in great pain. Well done.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  13. Bones

:rolleyes:

14. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Tele-Meister

This is the "Off Topic" section of this forum right? No one was forced to read the post. And until you are armed with facts from wildlife biologists in the US, calling hunting murder is just you being uninformed and an *******. ;-)

15. Bones

I was nearly banned for posting a picture of my finger after I sliced it open. This is a far more disturbing image than that for most people.

twotone60 likes this.
  16. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Friend of Leo's

So, you are suggesting we should live our lives now as if civilization has already collapsed? Can't you see how living like this can contribute to the collapse you are so diligently preparing for?

Anyway, good luck when the Sun becomes a red giant. I hope you are prepared for that.

PS To be clear, I do have military training, and I'd be happy to hunt if I get hungry. I've just never been that hungry! :-D

twotone60 and hatrack like this.
  17. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Tele-Meister

Shooting deer, an overpopulated ( thanks to human development) species that must be managed for their own survival is contributing to the apocalypse? Now I've heard everything.

When all you people put down your cheeseburgers and quit using any product or consumer good that was made using animals then you can hit us with your righteous indignation. Until then you're just virtue signaling and proving how uneducated you are about the topic which you are currently discussing.

18. hatrack

hatrack TDPRI Member

As I used the term ‘murder’, I assume your comments are directed at me. Fair enough. ‘Uninfomed’? On many things, yes. An ‘*******’? Undoubtedly! But, I’m sorry, I don’t for one second buy your argument that this is about ‘wildlife biology’. Is the young lady in the original post a licensed hunter with the authority to cull deer herds for ecological purposes? Doubt it. This is blood sport sport pure and simple. You also mentioned that no one was forced to read this post. Well, I guess that’s true to an extent. Had the original poster used a title such as: ‘My grand-daughter just killed a deer - warning this content may cause offence/upset to others’ then maybe that would have been slightly more acceptable. I looked at this thread because I could not believe that I was seeing this posted on a (primarily) music-related site. The fact that it was ‘off topic’ is irrelevant. Maybe this is a sign that the site moderators need to modify or clarify their code of acceptability of content?

19. Bones

You have a single track mind.

The birth of a baby is the most beautiful thing in the world to many people, post a pic of a baby's head crowning from a woman's vagina here and see what kind of reaction you get. We get it, people hunt, but most people here do not want to see the bloody trophy.

twotone60, JustABluesGuy and tintag27 like this.
  20. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I'm not going to respond directly to anyone in particular on this posting. However, this is a community of people with different interests but a common bond to telecasters. Some have posted about cars, airplanes, work, health, family and life & death but because somebody has issues about about hunting, "this is a telecaster forum". Move on.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.