1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - "Paris (Ooh La La)" 7/15 Leno

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Mark Davis, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Just saw this on Lenos show tonight I like ths gal and she is a good keyboard player too.

And a Tele lead player!

I love those squeals she does!

2. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

Pretty cool-my home state is finally getting some recognition as having some quality musicians after all these years. Phish, Dan Tyminski(Union Station) and now Grace Potter. I tell ya, it sure doesn't hurt to have a girl in the band who can sing and play!

3. JohnK24

JohnK24 Friend of Leo's

This is one band YOU HAVE TO SEE LIVE !!! Grace is amazing, killer voice, soulful, loves to interact with the audience and she's pretty darn hot in mini-skirts and boots ! The band is tight too...I caught them two years ago at a Pittsburgh club (Mr. Smalls - about 500 people there). I hung out in front of the stage, on Grace's side most of the night.

Here's one of their best:

4. garyd5158

garyd5158 Tele-Afflicted

Yes!!! Mini-skirts are back in.
    And beyond that this group is huge.
    Love the sound, love the look and vice-versa.

5. Ramblin Ray

Ramblin Ray Tele-Afflicted

Been following them for 5 yrs. Their new bass player, Catherine Popper, has quite a background including stints with Peter Rowan and Ryan Adams and quite an extensive recording career. Saw them at Levon Helms' Midnight Ramble last winter--they definately have his blessing!

6. KokoTele

KokoTele Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

GREAT band! My only disappointment is now that they're becoming more successful they won't be playing the smaller clubs as much. I saw her in a packed club with probably less than 1000 crammed in there and was blown away for 2 hours straight.

I can guarantee that she's playing guitar in this performance instead of piano because it looks cooler. Did you notice that she's just playing barre chords in an open tuning?

I actually think the new album is not as good as their previous CDs. It sounds to me like they gave up their a lot of their solid blues/rock/soul roots in favor of a more pop sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FPwNDOd_I

7. JohnK24

JohnK24 Friend of Leo's

100 percent agreement on the new CD...it's missing a lot of that organic charm of "This is Somewhere", I was SO hoping for a knockout punch and the new release is rather bland in comparison.

8. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Agreed, definitely a letdown after the last couple. Still not bad though, and she does look good playing that V.

9. SteveO

SteveO Tele-Holic

Saw this band a Mountain Jam a couple years ago.Great set,loved the first album but not real crazy about this one.

10. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

This one rocks !

11. mistermullens

mistermullens Poster Extraordinaire

Been a fan for years now, and the first time I caught them live was when they opened for Govt Mule at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. I'm a pretty big Mule fan, but GPN really showed them up that night. Here's a YT vid. Its not from the Atlanta show, but they did the same tune. Really blew the roof off the place. Grace looks particular good in this video too. She's totally in my Top 5.

12. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

mistermullens that was great thanks!

13. umasstele

umasstele Tele-Afflicted

Seen them 5 times....3 with the old band (before added guitar player and new bassist.) and somehow always manage to be in the front row.

I really love this band. I will say though, I did prefer them without the second guitar player. He IS really good, but I just preferred the band dynamic with one.

The girl bass player, is REALLY, REALLY killer...last time I saw them I was right in front of her, and man....she was good

Always some cool teles on stage with these guys

14. greggorypeccary

greggorypeccary Friend of Leo's

Going to see them on Wednesday. Been a fan for a couple of years. I actually like the new CD. Sure it's different that their other ones, but I dig the 70's sounding big rock vibe. I've had it in my car for a couple weeks now and it is a great summer cruising record. If it came out in 1978, we'd hear these songs blasting out of the radio all over town!

I saw Cat with Ryan Adams a few years ago - she's a great rock bassist!

15. greggorypeccary

greggorypeccary Friend of Leo's

Just have to say that I saw them last night and there is now a smoking pile of rubble in Raleigh where the Lincoln Theatre used to be. A killer set of Rock & Roll!!!

If they come to your town do yourself a favor and go see them.

16. goldtopper

goldtopper Friend of Leo's

Dang!
    Satriani's wanking aside, GRACE! Hubba hubba. I need a cigarette after that one and I don't even smoke!

17. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

They are definitely going for the Heart sound .Wish they would keep it more organic and less pop but they've been around for a while now and you have to make money to stay in the business.She sure looks great though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.