1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Gotoh SD-91 Vs SDS-510

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Bendyha, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Bendyha

Bendyha Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The SD-91 Kluson style tuners are pretty good, and somewhat of a standard for quite a while, but I notice there are SDS-510 Kluson style tuners made by them as well, look much the same but have the added features of "Lubri-Plate coating" & "Rock Solid Posts"...at the added cost of about half the price again.

Nothing against better quality, but, anyone have any experience with the 510's, are they worth the extra buck's?

2. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Afflicted

The 510 series are made in Japan (at least the ones I've bought were). Are the 1:21 instead of 1:18? I find the difference between the two ratios to be worth the $, also the 510s I have are incredibly smooth.

3. Bendyha

1:15 and Japaneese are both.

There is the third option of getting the cheaper 91's and a set of C.A.R.D. to put on them for a few dollars; looks like the 510 have them on automatically, and maybe that is a major part of what the "Rock Solid Posts" is all about, then it is just partly just the coating that is missing.

upload_2019-8-7_8-15-50.png upload_2019-8-7_8-17-20.png upload_2019-8-7_8-18-55.png

4. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Is there anywhere in Europe where the CARD6 bushes can be bought? Shipping costs more than the product.

5. Bendyha

As a registered dealer, I use G.Knauer in Germany who has them in stock, but it is only wholesale....

Surely there must be British Gotoh dealers who could at least get it in for you if they don't have them in stock.

beagle likes this.
  6. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Nobody seems to have them in stock, or even heard of them. I found some in France for 7,50€ but I'm waiting to hear how much the shipping will be.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.