Got to finally See Buddy Guy for the first time last night

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Our drummer saw him at his club in Chicago and was blown away. Mr guy took the time to visit my friend and flirt with his wife lol. I’d like to see him can’t help but be a little jealous. He is the real deal but doesn’t seem to realize how much he means to us…. Real down to earth guy according to my friend and continued to praise the band behind him all night. Just class

Record83

Tele-Meister
If you haven't seen the documentary "Festival Express" check it out. Buddy is a mad-man on that tour.

Some showmanship highlights...

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
He looks great for 80+. Looking at his physical body and the way he stands, he has the body and posture of someone much younger and appears that he works out to some degree.
He does look good, but he also looks quite a bit thinner than the last time I saw him.

I'd say he was having an off day that day - the New Orleans afternoon sun was mean, and he probably should've tried for a shorter set. I think he's stronger, now.

I like it when Buddy does the performing and that fellow with the spinning guitar, stays back. I didn't pay to see that - I'm sorry. I want to see The Man.

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
I like it when Buddy does the performing and that fellow with the spinning guitar, stays back. I didn't pay to see that - I'm sorry. I want to see The Man.
Agreed but we are in the tiny minority. And it's good to have showmanship, there is enough boring blues acts out there these days. Makes new fans to have someone entertaining.

Cali Dude

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats on getting to a Buddy Guy show. I bet it was a blast. Great pictures! I have seen him probably close to 10 times in the past 30 years. He really is quite the showman.

DavidP

Friend of Leo's
Hmm, a couple weeks ago he cancelled his June 24 show at the Vancouver Jazz Festival, apparently due to a "recent medical condition" and "...unable to leave the United States for the foreseeable future."

wrathfuldeity

Tele-Afflicted
Dude, you got to get out...most of the old school blues women/men are gone...only a few left from back in my day. Love Buddy, good fortune to see him 1/2 dozen times in the 70's early 80's in a tiny bar with capacity for 125 souls for $3-4 dollars.

zoo bar.jpg

Last edited:

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Dude, you got to get out...most of the old school blues women/men are gone...only a few left from back in my day. Love Buddy, good fortune to see him 1/2 dozen times in the 70's early 80's in a tiny bar with capacity for 125 souls for $3-4 dollars.

View attachment 996599
Man, I miss those old mailers. :cry:

blueruins

Tele-Meister
I’ve been trying to get tickets for Buddy but every time I clear my schedule something comes up.

Now my mother tells me she’s flying in to visit us that day….concert is 2 hours away.

I just hate the thought this could be the last tour.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I saw Buddy Guy twice at Mother Blues(Dallas), once at Warehouse (NOLA), and once at the Fox Theater (Atlanta). Every show was more than entertaining.
Dude, you need to get off that couch and get a life.
One of the few downsides of living on a small rock in the Caribbean is not being able see a lot of big acts

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I saw him in Edmonton, Alberta in February 2004. The tables were against the walls of a good-sized gymnasium. People were there with their kids of all ages and beer was sold. The atmosphere was relaxed and the audience was huge. One could get up really close to the stage and watch BG and the top-notch band play.

Memorable.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
He played a vintage white Strat all night and I couldn't believe how "live" it was. I swear the pickups could almost pick up his breathing.

Very Cool! It was probably one of his Custom Shops.