1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Got the whole house to yourself ...what do you do?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Flat6Driver, Mar 7, 2021.

1. jonnyfez

jonnyfez Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The neighbors three streets away.

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Haha! But really, I turn an amp to gig volume. It’s been a year, ya know. It’s volume therapy. And I’m not trying to me good, I’m trying to be loud for loud’s sake shoveling barre chords like I’m 15 because it shakes stuff. For as long as I can.
    Then when they come home I’m plucking softly like it never happened.

3. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Yah! That's the ticket! Volume and gain like I usually don't do. I really wish the drummer could have come over. Makes me want to play other tunes.

Killing Floor likes this.
  4. Buckaroo65

Buckaroo65 Tele-Holic

Shoot rats.

5. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Well I could say, Rodent Control ... I'm hoping the few squirrels that we seem to have acquired this winter in the eaves and walls will not enjoy this, at all. "Oh yes honey, I do totally think this could work!" But really it's for no good reason other than creating total sonic mayhem of the ethereal soundscape variety, for decadent personal pleasure. As an example of how infrequently I have this place to myself, I sketched out this setup plan months ago and have yet to be able to enact it ... but am at the ready! Someone let me know if this looks like trouble. Hoping that nothing blows up, and the decorative glasses don't rattle off the wall shelves (again.)

Center of room is multi-pedal line-up, with at end:
    E - echo, stereo outs, to:
    T - tremolo, stereo outs, to P (PR) and V (AC10); and
    C - chorus, stereo outs, to 67 and 69 (VRs)

Will report back - someday!

IMG_2847.JPG

6. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I'm retired, my wife isn't. She owns and operates her own business, so she has some freedom to work from home, but she spends at least a few hours at the office 4-5 days a week. We've had an empty nest for a long time (we're getting close to great-grandparent territory), so I have the house (and the dog and two cats) to myself most of the week, most every week.

And what I play is not usually that loud. So, what I play in the home alone scenario isn't the typically "crank it up" variety, although I'm not averse to that. What I do with my guitars in my wife's absence is practice. It's necessary to learn a new thing, of course, but I don't like to subject my wife to the repetitive nature of practice, of playing a riff or a song ad nauseam, trying to get it to become muscle memory. So I save that kind of practice for when she's away.

brookdalebill and Flat6Driver like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.