Got rid of my smartphone

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Rhythm Thief, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You should've texted him:

u r a fin idiot

2. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

That was before cell phones ... um at least before smart phones and texting. But I did let him have when I saw him later.

Ohhh!!!! Wait! Zing!!!

I missed that one. I got it now. :lol:

Edit: I haven't balanced a checkbook or account in years. Everything is electronic now. Just a quick check for weird charges and I'm done.

3. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

Peterson sells an adaptor, or I guess you could use whatever you have that takes an instrument cable.

4. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

I can't wait till the smart phones will be
    a regular pair of glasses and I can block out
    the entire world from my view.

5. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Already exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Glass

6. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Actually when the "smart glass" gets here, and gets ramped up, it will be cool.

Our car windshields and eyeglasses (contacts?) could warn us of dangers, point out things of interest, and a myriad of really cool things.

7. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

I thought my cordless was pretty smart...

8. Ted M

Ted M Tele-Afflicted

I ditched mine too. For me, it was an unnecessary expense.

9. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

I still use an old flip-phone and have no desire to get one of those smarty-phones. Sometimes I even leave the house without it. Crazy, I know, but what can you do?

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

zombiedom does not require a cellphone, modern or otherwise.

I see just as many complete zombies (maybe worse) who are just moving through the world.. I don't see cellphone use as a key indicator of lack of grey matter usage.

If it doesn't matter what kind of phone to use… then why the thread? If your actions aren't remarkable… why remark?

curious… not trying to 'get you' I just don't understand it if it isn't a way to say "I am different, HA!"

11. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I think they wouldn't have to be that effective to work for you!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

12. StuR

StuR Banned

My other half has a Samsung something or other that's given her al this kind of grief. Apparently it's the GPS and the 4G that drinks the batteries. she had them switched off at the store. Probably a good thing because if the phone is set to automatic roaming :eek: you get hammered with charges when you take it overseas. She still hates it, as you've found - the hardest thing to do with it is make or answer calls - and she already has a better spec pocket camera.

13. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

The Peterson iStrobe are a great pair of apps for iPhone and iPad, for you have to pay twice (not multi-device compatible) and they are not cheap.

You might use an iRigHD or the better Line6 SonicPort to interface but they are not a patch on the new Peterson StroboPlusHD pukka unit, that shows up errors and inaccuracies on them
    They're still must-have apps though :cool:

14. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

I think Studio meant the Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses. Designed to help the wearer develop a relaxed attitude to danger. The lenses turn completely black at the first hint of trouble, thus preventing the wearer from seeing anything that might alarm him/her.

15. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

Got one. Not sure why. It seems to do a thousand different things. I use it to phone, text my wife (she prefers texting) and setting the alarms. Oh, yeah, when I'm bored, I take pics of my dogs and two or three times, I went online at a restaurant when I was waiting for the car to be fixed (when I loaded the TDPRI app.)

I have no idea what most of the programs even do. I'm not interested in the games, twitter or checking the stock market.

16. Rhythm Thief

Rhythm Thief Tele-Holic

To be honest, I started the thread because I was curious how many others are in the same boat, and thinking it might make an interesting conversation more than anything. I'm not trying to change anyone's minds: if you and others like their smartphones, then carry on using them with a song in your hearts and a smile on your lips :). All I'm saying is that it's not for me, for various reasons, and will shortly be on ebay.

17. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

Yup.
    I didn't use it near enough...
    Kind of weird...everyone I know has one...I'm 30...I get funny looks when I pull out my old LG...Not that that bothers me in any way.

18. sneakyjapan

sneakyjapan Poster Extraordinaire

put your phone down and pay attention....they original poster is talking about smart phones, not all modern tech. and EVERY generation thinks they`re the hipsters, youse ain`t the first.

19. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Pffft who uses their smart phone as a phone. I get annoyed when people call me because it usually turns a one line question into 30 minutes of small talk.

20. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Put on your bifocals and pay attention, this is the 100th post in this thread, j-man could have been replying to any of these posts, not just the op. Also, once again, pay attention, there have been several threads of people condemning modern tech , from cell phone to cable tv to Facebook, to Miley Cyrus , oops no the last one is not technologically advanced Sent from my iPad using TDPRI

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.