Got a JHS 3 series Fuzz.... anyone else got one?

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by FortyEight, Jul 28, 2021.

1. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

I'm sort of Meh about it at the present. Although I think it will stay. I'm trying build a pedal board and I don't have a distortion / boost / gain or anything like that that I like. Honestly everything I have sounds fake. I much prefer whatever an amp has. Which for me is a Vox Cambridge 15 that does have a good gain sound when turned up.

That being said I think the Fuzz does a better job at not sounding fake. It's a bit dark but sounds really good with the bridge pup on my Starcaster (chinese strat). It seems less defined on the bridge of my Squier Affinity Tele.

The gated thing turned all the way up makes it sound like something is wrong with my guitar. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes not.

I have not played with it al that much yet but I figured I'd post what I think and see if anyone has anything to add.

2. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

OOops, I forgot the picture:

Attached Files:

3. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

There are lots of choices for fuzz and everyone has favorites. I have 3 dozen so obviously I haven't found my favorite.

4. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Can't help you other than this. I just got a Boss FZ5..... Took it to practice and played thru my Peavey studio pro SS. IT SUCKED HARD! When I got home did some research and put my TS9 IN FRONT OF THE FUZZ. Then into my multi fx ME 80 into one of my tube amps and it just sounds amazing. I think tubes make a difference with Fuzz. That's my limited experience.

5. teleman1

teleman1 Friend of Leo's

Magnetic Effects Solar Bender

6. Tiago

Tiago TDPRI Member

If you have a chance to do so, try a TC Electronic Honey Pot Fuzz. Stupid cheap, built like a tank, very easy to dial in, sounds massive

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.