Got a Danocaster on the way......

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Swampash&Tweed, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

Always wanted to try one of these. The stars finally aligned and I had some cool trade capital and was able to make a cool trade. This one is a black guard with an original gold foil neck pick up. Another first for me.

I understand Dan doesn't make any anymore so I might have paid a bit of a premium.

Hoping it's as good as its reputation. :cool:

StrangerNY likes this.
  2. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

We need pics!! :)

I have a Dano and I've played probably a half dozen more (a friend of mine has quite a few), and with the exception of one of them* they all played amazingly well.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

* While at LA Vintage Gear, they had two on the wall. I played one and it felt stiff and kind of unresponsive so back on the wall it went. Then I played the second and it was amazing in every respect. The neck was perfect (Dan's real strength was working the necks until they felt really well worn in), the pickups sounded great, and the relicing was sexy as hell.

The prices have taken a jump since Dan announced his retirement, but they've leveled off quite a bit since the days immediately following the announcement - at that point there were Danos listed on Reverb for up to $20K! I could easily get twice the original cost for mine, but it's not going anywhere. It's become my number 1 for live work.

Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you're gonna dig it.

- D

3. Swampash&Tweed

Here is a picture of it:

[​IMG]

I've always wanted a neck gold foil pick up. They sound incredible with a little fuzz for slide. Dan took this one out of an original 60's guitar. Looking really forward to this.

4. decal

decal Tele-Meister

I predict happiness.

Swampash&Tweed likes this.
  5. Timo

Timo Tele-Meister

Danocasters are great guitars - my Danocaster tele is my avatar

6. nopicknick

nopicknick Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Really really nice congratulations.

7. Swampash&Tweed

I've owned it about a week now. I see why this have such a big following! Its light...plays amazing. Just effortless. The Gold Foil sounds really cool. Wasn't sure I was going to dig that. Never played through one. Feedsback a bit with alot of overdrive but just roll the volume back some. Through a cleaner setting......its really fantastic.
    Cant tell what the bridge pick ups is. No labeled . The last owner believes its a Budz. It sounds great so I'm not messing with anything. :)

BrewerDoer and brookdalebill like this.
  8. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Nice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.