Got $40 to Change Your Life?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by nojazzhere, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

My American Sound is a huge part of my sound...today. Maybe things will change next year, or maybe I have found Utopia and I just don't know it yet.

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. glenlivet

glenlivet Tele-Afflicted

Preach it @nojazzhere !!
    It gets a little hissy on high gain...but I LOVE my little Joyo. Like you said...best $35 I ever spent on Guitar Gear.
    Plus it gives you a direct out option as well...run it straight into a mixer. Wooo Hooo!!
    ...and this:

2021-09-27 07_51_18-Mini Tower of Power.png

I think it almost works like a tweeter / woofer setup....with the little SS Fender giving the really kind of focused clean highs and the Monoprice pushing a LOT of mids and bass.....the Monoprice REALLY fills in the sound and thickens up the mids ...and the Joyo just pushes the "Fenderish" sound.

I upgraded the Monoprice amp with a GB 128 speaker....which definitely adds some low end to the sound of the amp.

Two tiny amps, and a Joyo....and I'm pretty much set.

PhredE and nojazzhere like this.
  3. BUG80

BUG80 Tele-Meister

Hearing lots of good things about these pedals. I was wondering: has anyone compared them to the Zoom G1four?

I love the "Deluxe" model in that little device (and the AC30 model even more by the way).

It is not that much more expensive than the Joyo and has a ton of effects built-in as well.

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Holic

I've had my American Sound pedal for several years, and agree that it is a very versatile pedal. Mine has been collecting dust for awhile. Your post has me thinking I should try it in front of my 5F1 clone.

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

AS Joyo.jpg

6. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I use one on my mimimalist board I use in an acoustic/electric duo. Just seems to add some depth to the sound, even with the jazzbox.
    One of the nice things about the Joyo is that it has a lot of controls to tweek things in well.

nojazzhere likes this.
  7. Telecaster88

Telecaster88 Tele-Afflicted

I have the American Sound and got so hyped on it I tracked down a Tech 21 Blonde. I put them back to back and was able to get exactly the same sounds from them (at different settings, because -- IIRC -- the Joyo has a wider sweep to the knobs). My Tech 21 has the Cab Simulation defeat switch, too.

erratick and nojazzhere like this.
  8. stormsedge

stormsedge Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

AAAANNNNDDDD, Mrs made an order today, so I ordered all four (and an Ultimate Drive ((OCDish clone)):D). Haven't had any new gear in a month...I'm spoiled:oops:.

9. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Afflicted

Thanks, but those are generic Tech21 Blond settings from who knows. I was more interested in yours on the Joyo.

nojazzhere likes this.
  10. Telecaster88

Telecaster88 Tele-Afflicted

Those are the suggested settings that are listed in the Tech 21 Blonde User Guide. They should get you close on the Joyo pedal. I mentioned above, there's a little extra sweep on the Joyo (IIRC), so equivalent settings won't be exact on the knobs between the two.

nojazzhere likes this.
  11. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I just got a used Roland Cube 30X for kicks ( cheap on CL- I like Cubes!), but will use for gigs.

Will try out some of the settings here for my American Sound, on the .dedicated JC Clean channel of the Cube.
    Create a 'Fender amp' channel here, then switch to the LEAD channel of the Cube, and use the ' Marshall stack ' model of the Cube- Ha!

Harmless fun!

12. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

One of the Youtube videos I watched on the Joyo A.S. suggested starting out with all the knobs straight up at 12 O'Clock, and then moving the "Voice" knob to about 10 O'Clock, and the "Drive" to about 2 O'Clock. This rendered a good Black Face sound......then experiment with minor adjustments to taste. Advancing the "Mid" knob gets a little closer to a Tweed sound, and lowering it gets more BF. I have not had time to really play around yet, but almost every setting I've tried has been good. Hope this helps. ;)
    P.S.....in re-doing my pedal board to accommodate the Joyo, I also resurrected a mini delay pedal I had stopped using. Using the Joyo with a little slap-back gave me a cool rockabilly sound.

Telecaster88 likes this.
  13. Twang Deluxe

Twang Deluxe Tele-Afflicted

I own a TMDR a Pathfinder 10 and a Pathfinder 15R.

I also think that the Pathfinders sound really great.

IMHO they sound better than many Tube amps

nojazzhere likes this.
  14. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Afflicted

Great?... But how do you like the AS??

nojazzhere likes this.
  15. Teletubbie

Teletubbie Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

High praise indeed for a low cost pedal.
    Please excuse my stupidity but I don't use use pedals so that's my excuse...
    Presumably the settings mentioned will vary depending on the amp used to get the desired results?

nojazzhere likes this.
  16. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Afflicted

I, like many others have probably watched ALL the videos on that pedal. I have found nice settings that work for me, I was just curious to see what Preacher's settings were. It seem like it won't happen. So much for sharing ...

17. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

I had basically put away my Strat until I got the JAS pedal. After that it's back out with the others on the wall.
    Any amp that can play clean and "takes pedals well" will work, you can even run it through solid state(!) or direct to the PA (which is solid state!).
    I haven't tried any others in the line than the JAS but I have heard that the JAS nails the Fender tones better than the other pedals hit their targets.

Some settings here

Used as a cab sim for stacked pedals

Telecaster88 and nojazzhere like this.
  18. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

The last time I heard someone say this, it was a woman in Atlantic City at about 4am.

I think it was a woman, anyway.

stormsedge, Bones and nojazzhere like this.
  19. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

Ok since you asked.

IMG_3289.jpg

A little clarification on my settings, I marked my AS up so that I can get back to the sound that I had dialed in. It does sound different through different amps but not too much to not be recognizable.
    I have a 5E3 and my clean and blues channels are set to emulate that amp as close as I could.
    I have played through a '59 Bassman so I made those settings off the SansAmp Blonde and tweaked them some.
    I also use a Hollowbody guitar with low PAF humbuckers which is marked with a heart. Jazzy type sounds
    I also use a Ibanez Hollowbody which has nice wide range humbuckers which is marked "red". Clean open big chord sounds.

Telecaster88 and nojazzhere like this.
  20. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Afflicted

GREAT ! Thanks.
    So funny, I go the same route, albeit less elaborate yet.

Joyo American Sound.jpg

Preacher, Telecaster88 and nojazzhere like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.