Gorgeous demo of a 1950 Broadcaster

Kevin Wolfe

Tele-Holic
I’d still wager Mr. Hoffman could make many different guitars sound just like that.
There’s three major contributing factors.
1). The Player
2). The Amp
a: amp settings
b: speaker
3). The Vintage Guitar

scook

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I think the shocking part for a lot of folks isn’t going to be how amazing the Broadcaster is but that he was playing through a late 70’s DR miked with a SM57 and Sennheuser 409.

John Frets

Tele-Meister
That was really nice. For some reason I had thought that YouTube guitar demos were prohibited from using a clean tone. I’m glad that I was mistaken.

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

I hated that.

I hate peopel who are fantastic guitar players.

I hate peopel who are far more handsome and attractive than me.

I'm seething with hatred right now.

Sounded really bloomin' great though.

Pax/
Dean
p.s. not keen on people who spell better than me either...
p.p.s. since it is the internet, I feel compelled to mention, I jest of course. It's more like mild dislike...

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

I think the shocking part for a lot of folks isn’t going to be how amazing the Broadcaster is but that he was playing through a late 70’s DR miked with a SM57 and Sennheuser 409.

Ha, I was going to respond that the Sennheiser 409 modes are fancy vintage or old models. And they currently fetch up to and over a thousand US.

But then I looked closer and it seems to be an e906, a current $200 or so model. I think they got number wrong. And so, I think you are right. :)

Pax/
Dean

deytookerjaabs

Friend of Leo's
Typical Saturday at the local GC.

?

I'm in ground zero for ultimate GC noodles and IMO the way this cat does all the little things like stacking 2nds on chord forms and altering lines around color tones and completing phrases with just the right bits of space et cetera without sounding jarring or fancy for fancies' sake (all too common in modern jazz guitar) takes a fairly advanced ear. Moreover, he can improvise in that language for hours on end.