Gorgeous demo of a 1950 Broadcaster

Kevin Wolfe

Tele-Holic
Thanks for sharing. That was really good.

I can't complain at all but it would have been really interesting if there was a comparisson with a new telecaster so it would be easier to determine the extent to which the player and the amp played a part in the excellent tone.
I’m with you on that. I was thinking to myself, its all “the player”.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire

I can't complain at all but it would have been really interesting if there was a comparisson with a new telecaster so it would be easier to determine the extent to which the player and the amp played a part in the excellent tone.

Nah.

deytookerjaabs

Friend of Leo's

It's great seeing guys who can really craft a line. But, naw, old Broadcaster does not sound like just any old telecaster.

Tele-Meister

Tele-Meister
Exactly... Sorry @Jensen but the way that video just starts with this glorious beautiful person and the Broadcaster, only them two, just hearing them both, and then it just ends, is absolutely. beautifully. perfect. I'm in awe. This video. I'm speechless I'm just going to stop here. I'm just glad I have a Broadcaster partscaster project coming up, that's for sure.

Jensen

Tele-Meister

It's great seeing guys who can really craft a line. But, naw, old Broadcaster does not sound like just any old telecaster.

Thanks for sharing.

That was rather interesting and while I will agree there is some difference in sound it is not that easy to determine the extent since he is not playing the same stuff and I don't know whether the amp settings were the same. In this video there is this same sort of "feel" or "depth" and "authenticity" to the tone as well though even if/when it sounds a bit different.

Jensen

Tele-Meister
Exactly... Sorry @Jensen but the way that video just starts with this glorious beautiful person and the Broadcaster, only them two, just hearing them both, and then it just ends, is absolutely. beautifully. perfect. I'm in awe. This video. I'm speechless I'm just going to stop here. I'm just glad I have a Broadcaster partscaster project coming up, that's for sure.

I don't think we disagree as much as you may think. I certainly liked it, and I liked that there was this whole section of him just playing. I felt no need for it to finish at all.

My commets about the comparison was the from the gear nerd in me. If it was there afterwards as an extention you would not have lost any of what was already there. And I can't help but note that right after you claim: "I'm speechless I'm just going to stop here." you actually go on to talk about gear (your own project). Nothing wrong with that. :)

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Yep, that was awful damn pretty!

I’m gonna say many players will hear ice pick tone from that bridge pickup when they play it, if they expect his sound to be about that guitar.

Interesting tonal nuance I could not identify though, a sort of delicate papery nasal blush on the attack? Not what I’m used to from a wide range of Tele assemblies, and not a player touch thing either.
Maybe the speakers?
Maybe the mic?