"Goose" Electric Ukulele in the style of an ES-335

guitargumption

TDPRI Member
I wasn't sure where to post this, I hope this is right. The next guitar in progress is a tele style, I swear!

Just wanted to share a fun project. My good friend commissioned this electric ukulele for his daughter. I had some fun with it and we decided in an ES-335 style, semi hollow with a Port Orford Cedar body and a Koa top. The neck is regular maple and roasted maple, with ebony fingerboard.

I made a custom small blade pickup by stealing a single coil from a mini-humbucker, removing the steel slug and replacing it with an A5 magnet that I cut down to length. It's pretty low output but sounds great.

Her nickname is little Goose, thus the goose inlay at the head. Thanks for looking! Any questions or comments are appreciated.
IMG_1918.jpg

guitargumption

TDPRI Member
Thank you so much for the comments! The blue/green color was an attempt to match her favorite color and I think we got really close. It looks like turquoise stone color in person. I sprayed this one with Target water based lacquer. First I used a wood bleaching solution to lighten the wood, the clear coats to level, then dye in the lacquer for the color, then some more clear coats.

The tele style guitar I have in progress is going to get either a surf green translucent, or a surf burst using a similar method. I'm having fun with my new spray rig.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Thank you so much for the comments! The blue/green color was an attempt to match her favorite color and I think we got really close. It looks like turquoise stone color in person. I sprayed this one with Target water based lacquer. First I used a wood bleaching solution to lighten the wood, the clear coats to level, then dye in the lacquer for the color, then some more clear coats.

The tele style guitar I have in progress is going to get either a surf green translucent, or a surf burst using a similar method. I'm having fun with my new spray rig.

The Tele sounds like it will be stunning.