... any musical tips?

Venues, pubs with live music?

Food, sights?

All advice is extra welcome!

Cheers! Buzz

Last edited:

Spox

Tele-Meister
I went for the day in 2019. There's an interesting indoor market and some good architecture. It was raining when I arrived so I went into an Italian restaurant for some hot carbs. I just walked around for the afternoon taking photos, had done no research into the city beforehand or since, Wales was on my bucket list to visit.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I have in-laws in South Wales, but I've not been into Cardiff for years... it's probably the best place in the area for live music though, from the big Arena to medium and small venues. I can't imagine you'll have too much trouble finding something, although things are still a little weird post-youknowwhat.

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
Is Clwb Ifor Bach still open? Or did ***** finish it off? That used to be the 90s Cardiff Hotspot - Stereophonics, Manics, Catatonia etc

Last edited:

Gaz_

Tele-Holic
If you see a dead canary in a cage above and unmarked door, knock on the door, it's a speakeasy.

At all other opportunities...
Drink Brain's Bitter.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
the museum of Wales has some great impressionist paintings. And the arboretum is fantastic. If you love trees. Which I do. I am a simple man.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I’ve been to the market. Cardiff Castle is cool. Pennarth (I think) is a very short train ride. It’s a beautiful seaside town with a huge pier.