1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Goof on Barry Manilow all you want, but...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Earguy, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Barbeque John

Barbeque John Tele-Meister

Jeez, I know you guys are far too hip to be internationally famous music stars, with millions of people loving your music, but check out his autobiography. He originally thought he was going to be a jazz musician, and his career has been more one thing happened after another, and he took advantage of opportunities, that came his way, in the music climate that then existed. I think he's pretty grateful for his career, but I'm sure he worked very hard for it, sacrificing many personal life things the we non stars take for granted.

2. DTPBUSCHPILOT

DTPBUSCHPILOT Tele-Afflicted

Love those jingles!

3. ADK Teleman

ADK Teleman Tele-Afflicted

At this point in my life...I like his music I always have and don't care what others think. He does a lot of good stuff for kids like illustrated here and he is an incredible musician. Yes, I do own some of his stuff..LOL
    ADK

4. MikeS29

MikeS29 Tele-Meister

Used to have him on the old 8-track...

5. scat4me

scat4me Tele-Afflicted

I didn't say he wrote "that one" I just said he writes the songs that make the whole world sing. Let's not forget he is music and he writes the songs!

6. StephenX

StephenX Banned

I admit I've never been a fan of radio-pop in the 70's, and he certainly was at his "best" then.:twisted: I mean it's like I don't like bleu cheese, but some others find it delicious. I don't like Dino,Desi & Billy but I do like Slim Harpo.
    I respect a musician who gives back from their wealth, and I thought I read somewhere that he helped, and endorsed LeeAnn Womack; so that makes him alright in my books (as if he gives a hoot about my opinion anyway)

7. sonserve

sonserve Friend of Leo's

Or two whistles?

:lol::D:p

8. Joe-Bob

Joe-Bob Doctor of Teleocity

Sure, Barry can be cheezy and schmaltzy, but you gotta admit, he's a very talented musician, composer, and performer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.