1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Goodsell Amps.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Red Planet, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Has anyone here played one of these babys, Talk about a Tele lovin amp. Whoa.

2. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Me

Yeah Buddy.

My '71 Vibrolux and my vintage Maggies sit in the basement while I'm loving' my Goodsell amp(s).

I've got two, a (baby blue) Super 17 1x12 (#0015) and a (red) 22 Delux 2x12 (#0002). I use the 22 for larger rooms.

After tons of amps, vintage and boutique, I'm done. The Goodsell is so pure and responsive. It's the very simple design, true point to point with no turret board, each component wired to the next.

Which one do you have Red Planet?

I was just over at Richards (Goodsell) yesterday with my buddy Sean Costello and RG was hooking him up with a new red 2x12.

The list of owners is dang impressive and yes, they love Teles.

3. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Descriptions of this amp already have me drooling, but now I'm really curious. Stephen: what Maggies are hanging in the basement because of your Goodsell? Does the Goodsell have reverb?

4. brads

brads TDPRI Member

Goodsell

I was just over at Richards (Goodsell) yesterday with my buddy Sean Costello and RG was hooking him up with a new red 2x12.

Stephen,

When you were there, did you happen to see a brown/oxblood Super17? It was to go out yesterday for delivery tomorrow.

Yes, they do come with reverb. Mine is apparently the first with that option.

5. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

I did see that brown/oxblood 17 w/ reverb, it's very pretty but I haven't heard the reverb yet. Has the new logo, is that one yours? It is the first 17 w/ the new chassis and reverb, congrats!

My Goodsells don't have reverb though I sure don't miss it,...sounds like you have a touch on anyway.

My Maggies are a late 50's Titano 262R, 35w with true stereo vibrato and reverb (given to me by Sean) and a early 50's 35w Magnatone Triplex 180 w/ a Jensen 15 and 8 inch speakers. Great sounding amps the both of them. Built like tanks with an amazing sound.

6. brads

brads TDPRI Member

Goodsell

My Goodsells don't have reverb though I sure don't miss it,...sounds like you have a touch on anyway.

I have a feeling the reverb won't be used onstage, but around the house, a little bit is nice. He evidently based it on the old Matchless Chieftan reverb circuit, whereby when it's turned all the way down, the circuit doesn't register it.

7. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Re: Me

I dont have one but a buddy of mine does and its awsome. He has a Super 17 with a G12H Herritage. Fine Amp. According to my wife I'm Amp poor and dont need any more. I would like to have one of em though.

8. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

I got to meet Mr. Goodsell. Nice guy and super amps.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.