1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Goodrich Volume Pedals

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by FosterF, Jan 6, 2013.

1. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

I really want to replace my EB VP.

I looked at Hilton's, but they're a little too pricey.
    So, should I go with a passive Goodrich: L120? Or Active:L10K?
    And why?

2. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

I was looking for an alternative to the EB VP's too. I almost went with Hilton, but thought the price was a bit high. I went with a Morley Little Alligator and couldn't be happier. I am not familiar with Goodrich, but the company is considered an exceptional producer with great customer service in the Steel Guitar community, as is Hilton. Call then directly and they would answer any question and provide reasonable guidance to meet your needs.

3. gwr

gwr Tele-Meister

I use a Goodrich,it's pretty much the industry standard for pedal steel.I borrowed our steel players for a couple of gigs and wound up buying one,got a smooth taper that can be adjusted to taste and weighs alot less then my old Sho-Bud,much better pedal then EB's and you really don't need to spend alot (HIlton) using just for guitar.

4. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

Alright so it seems like people are going for Goodrich over Hilton.

I found a used Goodrich L120 for sale but the guy swapped the pot for a Dunlop pot? Is this good or bad?

5. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Pots wear out, so it's better to have one that works than one that doesn't. I'd use the information as leverage in the negotiation of the price.

6. telebuc

telebuc Tele-Meister

I have a Hilton and love it. I feel its well worth the cost. Its built like a brick - total confidence, optical operation so no pot to wear out, and the buffer really improves the tone through the pedalboard. Highest recommendation for Hilton volume pedal.

7. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

Okay so I found a Goodrich H10K for $200 brand new. From what I've read the 10K series is better than the 120 series because they are active, have even better reduced noise, and it doesn't matter if the pot is dirty because its not in the line of signal. For $20 more than an L120 I think I'm gonna jump on it.

Sound like a good plan? Ill probably order it tonight.

8. Jasper8

Jasper8 TDPRI Member

I have a Hilton Guitar Pro . Yes it was expensive @ $299 but well worth it over any pod version. It doesn't affect my tone. http://youtu.be/QttDBTnemTc

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.