1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Goodrich model 120 volume pedal problem

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by lliw, Nov 2, 2014.

1. lliw

lliw TDPRI Member

The pot doesn't seem to be worn out in the typical sense (it's not crackling), but the sound cuts way down when rocked forward to full volume. The rest of the sweep sounds beautiful, but then the last little bit at the end makes the volume drop. Everything appears tightened and in place. Could the string have slipped over the years? Is the pot being forced past it's "full-on" position?

Any suggestions? Should I restring it?

THANKS.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. Joe Gagan

Joe Gagan Tele-Meister

first, try to disconnect the string without unwinding using a vicegrip to hold the retained end so you can manually rotate the pot while listening to determine if you exceeded the physical stop inside the pot.
    there is not a situation i can think of that would act the way you describe unless the string is maladjastuted AND the pot is exeeding the regular path.

3. lliw

lliw TDPRI Member

I loosened the set screw and backed off the tube (the one on the pot shaft) just a bit. I think this may have it fixed. Now the pedal hits its mechanical end before the pot does.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.