Goodness I hate Craigslist...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Thighbanez, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Jack FFR1846

Jack FFR1846 Tele-Afflicted

For the scammers......

Open up a separate gmail acct and from there respond to accept their offer. Give them any address you want that's valid. Police station is always good. They spend $8.95 on the express mail to you. Then ignore them.

2. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't, i want my ads to be responded to by people who know what they are looking for/at. And, I set realistic prices.

3. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

OMG, You know what?

You're the second person to suggest this. I kid you not, my co-worker JUST said the same thing to me when I told her my tale of woe not 4 minutes ago!
    :lol::lol:

I may have to try it out. :p

4. Thighbanez

Thank you. I will make my ads more...less complicated, I guess.

EDIT: Just picked up 2 Samsung S2 phones (B&W) for $50 each....crisis averted...WOOHOO!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  5. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

What about Gumtree?

And Craigslist does exist in Europe, it probably just isn't used much as it is in North America (scroll down to see the list of cities):

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

We also have Kijiji but it is more of a cesspool than Craigslist is because it has far too many people trying to get $350 for their Affinity Squiers and the like.

6. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

I've considered it too.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Bones wrote:

Are you claiming that someone who works hard for a living couldn't possibly have a valid opinion in regards to opera?

No I'm claiming that no one who works hard for a living could possibly have a valid opinion concerning, OPRAH!

Bones also wrote.

Who do you see fit to have an opinion on opera?

Since I was clearly referring to OPRAH, as notdave so graciously pointed out.

I suppose all those people sitting on a couch watching her on TV, ergo, NOT the guy digging a ditch.:cool:

8. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

When Craigslist is good; it's really good.

When it's bad; it's really bad.

I've bought and sold more "good" than bad so I look through it every night.

I still don't understand how the obvious scammers make money when they have to insert key words and send thousands of slightly personalized emails trying to find that one ignorant and not suspecting seller.

We once bought a new dining room set and we listed the old dining room set on CL. A lady called on Monday and she said she wanted our dining set. She said it looked perfect. She said she would come get it all with a borrowed van on Friday.

I was very clear that I needed the old set to be gone. I would sell the set to the first party that had cash and the means to take the old items away. I wouldn't hold the old set based on a verball offer. New set was scheduled for delivery. The old set needed to go away ASAP. The lady said no problem, she just knew that everything would be ok for 5 days. She doubted that anyone else would commit. She would just let it ride and call Friday.

Someone else bought and picked up the old set the next day.

The first lady called on Friday to get our home address and I said "Ma'am I took the ad down Tuesday, the dining set it gone. I'm very sorry but I told you that I would sell to the first party with cash and a truck or van. Sorry"

This woman yelled and then she cried and then she swore at me. It was my fault that she would not have furniture for her Sunday dinner party. She called twice and told me off and then she sent email telling me off. She told me that mine was the third dining set that she had "lost" on CL. That was telling.

I responded to her email telling her that CL is a grass roots, cash and carry, low price kind of deal. You see a deal, you get in the car and go get it. You want to be first and you want to be early.

It's a mixed bag. I still enjoy it.

9. Thighbanez

Wow, what a nut. I don't think she understands how CL works.
    Hopefully after you explained it she gets it...yeesh!

10. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I love Craigslist, without it we wouldn't have these wonderful threads :)

11. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Gotta take the good with the bad. I've been lucky the last couple weeks. Things that have been listed for months have sold. Meeting someone tonight that wants a guit I posted.

It's a free site, & easy to ignore those scams/low ballers, etc. When it works, it beats the hell out of ebay.

12. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

13. Toto'sDad

Sold a dinning room table, same thing people calling up wanting it, but tomorrow, or whenever. I told 'em first come first served. A lady called and said, I'm commin' right now, I got the money, a pickup truck, and stuff to tie it down. She showed up in a very short while, I helped her load it, and took down the ad. I even sent emails to those who had responded and told them the dinning room set was sold. I still got calls saying, I thought you were gonna hold it for me. I never told anyone anything about holding anything for them. When I've bought stuff, and I've bought some really good stuff on the CL, I'm prepared to go then, and pay then, and get it then.

14. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

15. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

Yes, but you just took that lens of the market, which mean my next potential can't use it as leverage, and with a bit of patience I will get my price or close to it. Thanks everyway

16. Toto'sDad

I just gotta say it, I LOVE Craigslist! When I was selling a '52 AVRI, I even got offers I simply can't repeat here from ladies who apparently wanted to take up the guitar. I had truly never considered that sort of barter, nor the shear volume and variety of said proposals. I really didn't think physics would allow some of those,,,,well never mind, I sold the Tele for cash, but one can wonder, is that really possible, I mean without some sort of formal training? Perhaps a safety net? The part about restraints, I never did get that figured out.

17. yellowbeard

yellowbeard Tele-Holic

I guess I'm luckier than most of you. This has nothing to do with Craigslist, but evidently I had a long lost uncle in Zimbabwe that passed away and left no will. This was revealed to me in a very well written email I received just yesterday. I have contacted Esq. Griffith and the millions are as good as on the way. I will soon be in a gear buying frenzy!!!

18. Toto'sDad

Congratulations on your good fortune, you are the 597th lucky recipient of unclaimed fortunes here on the TDPRI this week alone. I'm sure to be multimillionaire myself by the end of the week, since I just forwarded my bank account number to a, as luck would have it, law firm in Zimbabwe. You know it's possible that we are related!

19. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

I just got home .This is pretty funny.

20. maloburro

maloburro Tele-Holic

Lately Guitar Center has better prices than Craigslist.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.