Good dog gone

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It's raining straight down, and Alex is pushing me to take him for a walk. He's a guy who really likes his walk. Supposed to quit around seven pm. If it lets up, I'm going to take him. I finally learned with people and dogs, you can't do anything for them after they're gone, so do what you can while you still have them.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
oof - it's been about five years since losing our last kitt - this posting reminds me.
It's possible some healing has occurred - Mrs Deeve has agreed to allow a foster cat to live with us for a while, and I am very excited to see how it goes. Sorry about the loss of yours. The imgur msg applies just as much to the cats as dogs: https://imgur.com/gallery/Aa3l7Lh

Wow. :cry:

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
Mr. Gimble my ole southern boy, avatar and screen namesake crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge.

View attachment 928900

We love and miss you boy, until we meet again!

So sorry for your loss.

If you can, I suggest getting another dog asap. I did and it's one of the best decisions I ever made but I was in quite a different scenario. My dogs are the only thing that have kept me sane since my daughter passed away in 2014 so I couldn't be without one. That and the fact that Ive had a dog nonstop for the past 30+ years meant that I wasn't going long without one.

I made it 2 weeks. Turns out I got the best dog I've ever had. She's AKC registered and her bloodline is from THE GREATEST Derby Dog in AKC history and one of the top dogs ever. So I was quite thrilled when I found that out. The guy I got her from had no idea about any of this. I only learned it because I got her pedigree and recognized some of the names of the dogs on it lol. They were from the top Kennels in the country so I started digging and found all the info about her family.

Anyway. If you can, get another one. It really helps with the sadness and the loneliness.

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
Sad hearing about Mr. Gimble. I don't think much about the other side as it pertains to people, but it would be nice if there's something there for our friends that don't live so long. There are a few from my family who've passed over. Maybe Mr. Gimble will run into Samantha. Or maybe Josh or Snowball. Be careful around Samantha though. She never had what I'd call dog park manners. My son's best girl, Maddie just passed last week. Sorry. I don't really know how to deal with these threads. Please accept my sincere condolences.

I usually don't, either. My last dog passed suddenly and tragically, and I couldn't do anything about it. Helpless doesn't begin to describe how I felt. Because she deserved better than that. It still tears me up when I think about it. She deserved better than that :(

rarebreed

Tele-Afflicted
My condolences, we've lost two the last several years. It's painful to lose something that you love. If people were as loyal and offered the love and companionship, unconditionally BTW, that a dog does, this world would be a whole lot better place to live.

Gimble

Tele-Meister
Thank you all for such an outpouring of support.

I have read every post and truly feel for all that have shared similar experiences. Thanks for sharing it’s helped so much to know I’m not alone.

I have also had the urge to respond to each, but it’s still too difficult to have any sort of response that doesn’t reduce me to tears.

It’s been a very difficult time for all of us in our home.

There’s a huge paw shaped hole in all our families’ heart.

But I do have two other pups to care for, although I miss Gimble most when feeding or getting leashes for a walk and only having two bowls and two leashes.

So having said all that, I just wanted to share what happened yesterday.

And I respect that to some it may sound cuckoo, or whatever, and it might be my grief playing games with my mind.

But it still holds some meaning for me.

After about an hour and a half after they had taken Gimble's body I fed and then took out Avalon and Winston to go poop.

Keep in mind that Gimble was deadly afraid of thunder and it hasn’t rained here in Tampa in over a month.

But yesterday I stopped with my other two dogs in front of a neighbors house when suddenly there was a crack of thunder and then the blow up Christmas decoration the neighbors have, which must be on a timer, turned on and it's of a Dachshund in a Christmas hat.

I'm convinced it was a sign from Gimble telling me that he was ok and no longer afraid of thunder!

Thank you all again for your caring and support.

It’s been two days I haven’t picked my guitar which is unusual for me, but I just don’t have an interest at the moment.

Hopefully with time!

Peace and love to you all and your furry babies…