Good day at the doc's office.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Yes sir! Ditto!!! Like the time me and about 6 other young kids decide to go cave exploring.... back in the day where if you entered a cave, you were literally on your own :eek: Anyway, deep into the cave we were and amazingly every single one of us managed to drop our flashlights hither and yon, during the trek, each one breaking until only 1 kid had a light!!! And guess what.... he freaked out and took off!!!! Left the rest of us in there, in total darkness, and no way to find our way out! We were all screaming at him to come back and he must've finally realized what he had done, and returned to get us. CAREFULLY we left the cave, having literally tied the flashlight to his hand with an additional string around him! LOL!!! Man.... if that flashlight had burned out, or had he not returned, I have no idea what would've become of us :confused: It was a pretty terrifying experience that to this day it gives me shivers!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Great news, TD
    I, sometimes am sometimes surprised when I go back to the doc about my labs and she everything’s good.
    My previous doc asked me, one day, why I only came in for my annual for my BP meds. “Gee, doc, I just don’t sick”
    In the last 25 years I’ve one tooth infection, one middle ear infection, a mild case of dengue, and a few mild sinus flare ups. Other than a few broken bones and one true bout with influenza l seldom need to see a doc

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Back when the Y2K scare was a palatable thing, the local newspaper ran an account consoling everyone that if things broke down, we could all go up into the mountains and live in the caves! Now, let me tell you, I've been on all of the major mountains within a hundred miles of Bakersfield hunting with hounds. That means I've been on a goodly part of all of the terrain that MIGHT have a cave. To tell you the truth, the biggest cave I've ever seen anywhere around here is one up on off of Keysville road, that some miners dug into the side of a mountain, and it's about fifty feet deep three feet wide, and about four feet high. I don't know how many of Bakersfield population would fit in there, but I don't think it would be ALL of them.

What I'm saying is, I ain't never been in no BIG cave, and have even less desire to do so now than then! I'm glad you boys made it out of there! To add to everything else, when that boy ran off with the flashlight, if I had been there, there might have been some pretty strong odor drafting around in the dark there!

Ronzo and Telekarster like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

I was pretty lucky up until I got around 65 years of age, then not long after I had to have a hernia operation, and a hip replacement. I had a broken knee when I was nineteen years old, but I never spent a night in the hospital, and a kindly old doc treated me outpatient. One time when I had an appointment with my doc, I skipped it, and had skipped a few before. Not one of his people, my doc called me up and told me in no uncertain terms, Mr. Hionyokydo, you don't have sense enough to realize you have a good doctor, but if you miss one more appointment, you aren't going to have a good doctor, you're gonna be on your own to find one for yourself. I took his advice and for years now, I've seen him twice a year just to stay on top of things. It looks like it's paid off.

Ronzo and Telekarster like this.
  5. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh yeah man.... I know I sure wanted to! I thought for sure we were gonners. When we finally made it out of there, he got his "lesson" that I'm sure he never forgot ;) These caves in the Blue Ridge areas are massive, miles and miles deep and long. I think there are still places in these caves that no human has likely ever been in. You can get lost REAL easy... and that ain't good either. We were probably a good 2 miles in it when all this went down, with numerous ways to leave this plain of reality without a light... no joke. Pits that you can't even see the bottom with the brightest spot light, that sort of thing, so yeah.... you don't want to walk even 1 foot in front of you without a light. I had been many times before this event, but never did it again. Way too risky even with the best equipment, for me :confused: I doubt any sort of cell phone or GPS would work either, cause you're miles under a mountain range... that sort of thing. Nuts to think on it now that we did this with practically no gear! Dumb kids!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

You can't go now anyway. You haven't written your book yet.

Telekarster and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. Greg70

Greg70 Tele-Meister

TD- I'm still a relative noob in this forum but I've already gained a fair amount of wisdom from your posts. Glad to hear that all is clear!

Sorry to hear about losing your son. I can't even imagine.

8. Toto'sDad

Thank you sir!
    Every time I try to get started on the book, momma has another shopping at the store attack. My wife has a need to shop! You might wonder why I have to be there? My place in life is to push the cart, not influence ANY purchase in ANY way!

Telekarster likes this.
  9. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Good news my friend. You have shared a lot in the Bad Dog and your wisdom always demonstrates great perspective and your humor is fantastic. We are lucky that you participate so much on this forum.

I think about your son often, because it always reminds me of being with my 65 year old grandmother while losing her daughter when she was about 40 under similar circumstances. I can’t even come close to imagining the weight on the heart for a parent.

Changing subjects. Hey, have you ever seen the Phoenix “bat cave”?

Telekarster and Toto'sDad like this.
  10. Happy Enchilada

Happy Enchilada Tele-Holic

My boys are my treasures. We did all the stuff you mentioned (fishing, hunting, etc.) and I don't know what I'd do if anything took one of them away. Oldest one was in a lulu of a rollover black ice incident coming home from Bozeman his second year at college, about gave me a coronary.

So when you go out on the links remember if there's a thunderstorm always hold up a 1 iron. Because not even God can hit a 1 iron. :D

Ronzo and Toto'sDad like this.
  11. Toto'sDad

Thanks for everything Mr. Obsessed, and no I've never seen the Phoenix bat cave. There are some caves in New Mexico my wife always talked about seeing on one of our trips but we never got around to actually visiting them.

Obsessed likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

There has never been a time in my life when I felt so helpless. Just how little sway we have over our fate, and the lives we live was brought home to me in a graphic way. When I was a young man, I bailed myself out of a four hundred dollar hole on the golf course with a one iron. Hit it to a back left pin, on a 230 yard plus par three that played up hill. Won all the carry over skins, and picked up a fiver from everyone on the birdie. I couldn't even kill a rat with a one iron now, like you say, might make a good lightening rod!

Ronzo likes this.
  13. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

It's nice to hear some good news. Keep it up TD, best wishes for many more good days!

14. Toto'sDad

Thank you BB!

Blue Bill likes this.
  15. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Friend of Leo's

Yep, it's the thing that wakes me up in a cold sweat occasionally.

My sister has lost a child, it's simply impossible to describe the pain, I can't even begin to process it.

@Toto'sDad is my hero - he survived that loss, somehow, and I celebrate the fact that he continues to survive it. Long may you run, Sir.

Ronzo, Toto'sDad and Vibroluxer like this.
  16. Toto'sDad

One day at a time. I have his picture all around the house, I will never forget he was here. He was my son, he was my best friend.

17. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

A good day at the doctor's office is a very good day, just had one myself, wishing you many more!

Put the 1-Iron back in the bag and live dangerously!

18. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

Congratulations TD. I really mean that.
    Tomorrow I have a follow-up with my cardiologist concerning the echo I had a few weeks ago.
    I've just been sitting here thinking about what I'll say if he says I need surgery.
    I'm kinda thinking I'll just go out in my own time if that's the case. I don't want all that fuss about me.

My condolences for your son, my cheers for your wife.

19. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Afflicted

TD, you have more things to do.

Keep on keeping on!

20. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I’m glad that you had a good day at the doctors office. I did too. I saw a new doctor at my new home in Appleton today and they prescribed some new sleep meds to try to help me with my insomnia. I sure am looking forward to trying them. I hope they knock me on my butt.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.