Good day at the doc's office.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I posted a while back that I went in for blood work. Follow up was at the doc's office yesterday. I always get a little edgy when it's time to go to the doc. I don't know why, we have a great doc, he answered the phone a few years ago at 1:00 am in the morning, and his advice saved my wife's life. He told me not to wait for an ambulance, put her in the car and get her to emergency receiving! I did, and the hospital docs said she probably wouldn't have survived waiting for the ambulance.

Anyway, I think what does it is the fact that when my oldest son was only fifty years old, he went in for a check up, and I'll never forget his words when he called me right away after he went in. He said, "it's all bad dude, all bad." It turned out he was right, in a little less than two years he was gone after suffering more than any human being should ever have to. He was a man to the end though, he never complained and took it like John Wayne would have if he'd really been John Wayne.

Anyway, at 78, I've no complaints if my time was up, but though I want to go to heaven, the doc said I wasn't going right away! There is no rhyme or reason as to why I have enjoyed such good health. My wife though she's had her battles is doing great too. We have a golf game tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. I'm lined up for one Sunday morning with my old pal and the gang.

There have been a number of stories on here about people and their misfortune, and I am sympathetic to every one of them. I'm surely not bragging, just thankful to have had such a good life, and for reasons unknown to me, to be able continue keeping on keeping on! My hope is that some of you who worry about old age might be encouraged by a post from an old duck who continues to enjoy life.

2. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

Ronzo and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

Cheers to your good health!

Ronzo, StratDal and Toto'sDad like this.
  4. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Outstanding good news. Use the 2 Iron......

5. Toto'sDad

To kill a snake? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deeve, dented, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  6. Vibroluxer

Vibroluxer Tele-Meister

You're blessed to have such wonderful insights. Here's to a longer and pain free life for both of you.

No parent should ever have to outlive a child, that's against the rules of the universe.

7. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I'm the same age as your oldest son upon his passing (my condolences) and I do, in fact, worry about mortality a lot, especially of late as I'm sure is common. Thank you for the post... it is encouraging.

Archtops and Toto'sDad like this.
  8. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Awesome News! So glad you are good to go!

9. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

When I was young, I lived in fear of my report card. Usually A’s on the Subjects side and N’s (needs improvement) on the plays well with others side. Now I live in fear of the report in my my.mountsinai chart.

10. Toto'sDad

Thank you. I thought my son's passing would surely do me in, but it's amazing how resilient we are as humans. I can't see how anyone could have been any closer to a son than I was, we worked together, fished together, hunted together, and played music together. The pain was unbearable, but here we are, still rolling along. I know that he always put my welfare at the front of his life, so I know in my heart he would want me to continue on and try and live life as fully as I can.

Once when I was thinking of moving to Arkansas, the rest of the family was trying to talk us out of it. My son's reaction was. If pop moves to Arkansas, I'm selling all of my stuff except for my best backhoe and truck. Then, I'm hooking up and going to Arkansas, I can make a living anywhere. I would say that pretty much explains our relationship.

Ronzo, HotRodSteve, elihu and 2 others like this.
  11. Tele-friend

Tele-friend Tele-Holic

Thank you for this honest post!

We need you here at TDPRI @Toto'sDad to share your wisdom with us so this is excellent news that you are still very healthy.

12. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Afflicted

Like you Toto, I have been blessed with good caring doctors and fairly good health. In fact my cardiologist saved my life by listening to me and doing further testing even after I passed all the preliminary tests and most doctors would send you home with a lets see how it goes. Although test results, including a stress test, didn't reveal any serious heart condition; he ordered a Cardiac Catheterization. Bingo!!! The reason for my complaint was I was 95% blocked and underwent quad-drupel bypass the following week.

Sorry I didn't give your post a "like" but reading about your son, made that hard to do.

Have a good golf game;)

13. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

It's great to celebrate this good news with you TD. Way to go and I like your attitude.;)

Ronzo likes this.
  14. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I am sure that was a tough thing to have to walk that path with your son. God bless you and your family T.D. hope to see ya kicking around here for a spell as till.

Ronzo likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Thanks amigo!

Tele-friend likes this.
  16. Archtops

Archtops Tele-Meister

When I hear that fog horn blow, I won’t fear it! On into the Mystic.
    Best of luck to you both!

17. Archtops

Archtops Tele-Meister

Dearly sorry about the loss of your son.

Ronzo, Tele-friend and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Thank you, and I understand about the like button, sometimes it just doesn't seem appropriate. My brother in law is a quadruple bypass survivor! He's going to be 81 in February, he's still wheeling and dealing making money, he can squat down on his haunches and stand up just a cowboy. Tough, tough old booger! :lol:

Ronzo and Tenderfoot like this.
  19. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Sanfrantastic TD!!! So glad to hear this GREAT NEWS!!! Now.... go out there and knock the cover off that ball! Keep her in the fairway ;)

Ditto on this TD.... I'm thankful every day. I've somehow managed to have a pretty darn good life despite myself! LOL!!! Gosh.... when I think of all the stupid things I did when I was younger... I wasn't a very bright kid o_O:confused: We all have much to be thankful for, even though life sometime throws us a curve ball. It's hard for us to remember just how good we all have it, but we should always make the effort to try to keep that in mind :cool:

20. Toto'sDad

Man, it gives me the shivers to look back out on my past. I've been drowned and brought back, wrecked a car doing a hundred and five miles an hour (before I knew better) shot two bears at EXTREMELY close range, and been upside down in in hole fourteen foot deep in a cat loader, and going down a steep hill with no brakes hauling a dozer that weighed a hundred and one thousand pound, just to name a few times, I have no idea how I survived. It sure didn't look there for a while like I was gonna have much chance of being an OLD man! When I get up in the morning, I'm thankful to still be here. I mean EVERY day.

Deeve, Ronzo and Telekarster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.