Good Cheapy Pickups

hopdybob

Friend of Leo's
it is that shipping, custom en taxes make USA build pickups more expensive when living in Europe.
Little builders like Wilds Bill and Becky Lawrence, Bootstrap, and cavalier and diamonds and pearls in pickup land.
so i would say, cherish them if you can ;)

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
Cavalier pickups. Call Rob Distefano. He's a cool guy; his tele pickups are both outstanding in sound and reasonable in price.

OverlandLtd

TDPRI Member
An update for those who asked:

It's a totally different guitar now. I got the pickups installed a few weeks ago and have really played with the guitar, and I can safely say it's the best $50 I've spent on any guitar thing. One of the things that I hated the most about it originally was how screechy it got with distortion. I like more unfocused distortions, so the classic Boss pedals and fuzz, and anything I did to the sound didn't get rid of the cocked wah, screaming vocal mid-hump of the stock pickup. It also didn't match the neck pickup at all, which was super boomy and dark.

These Bootstrap pickups are something special. They have that plinky top end without being ear piercing, and something super specific to me; my silicon Fuzz Face Mini cleans up almost perfectly with them. That broken pedal sound is gone now. The in-between position has a really satisfying squishiness to it. That's probably more my amp than the pickups, but who knows? It wasn't sounding like that before the swap. That neck pickup is wonderful; that super buttery, almost Straty bell sound to it was something I didn't know I wanted from my Teles.

Absolutely, I'd recommend these to anyone.